I am a professional who has spent the past twelve years as an English, Journalism, and Yearbook teacher, with additional experience as a social media manager. I am an ambitious and dedicated individual and offer many skills that can fit in a variety of occupations. In my careers, I have been in charge of developing creative and engaging curriculum components and brand design, providing thorough instruction and communication, managing diverse groups, and annually developing / editing the publication of the school yearbook. I also have strong skills with various technological platforms. I am proficient in Google and Microsoft applications, editing/publishing programs like eDesign / InDesign, editing applications such as Adobe / Canva, and various social media platforms. I consider myself an efficient multi-tasker and a strong problem-solver, exhibiting professionalism in all things I am involved in (whether it be independent or as a team). These are altogether essential skills I would carry over into any job position.
Key Skills & Competencies
Writing / Editing
Social Media Platforms
eDesign / InDesign
Adobe / Canva
ENGLISH TEACHER (PT)
Fairfield Ludlowe High School, Fairfield, CT | 2020 - Present
- Develop, organize, and teach multiple Language Arts curriculums to 9th and 10th grade students, ranging from grammar to research to literature.
- Develop and organize creative, engaging curriculum components using technology, with strong utilization of Google and Microsoft Applications.
- Maintain all aspects of classroom management including conduct and organization.
- Manage all necessary tracking and grade reporting systems to ensure student grade statistics are gathered, tracked, analyzed, and measured.
- Collaborate with a writing team on the creation of a district policy on writing conferences and other important department resources.
- Build and manage strong and supportive student / teacher relationships.
- Participate and collaborate in school meetings, activities, and events.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (SEASONAL)
Broadway Bootcamp, Fairfield, CT | 2021 - Present
- Develop and implement creative and engaging social media plans.
- Manage content, branding, and dispersing of camp materials via social media including promotions, press releases, announcements, and updating of website.
- Manage the organization of all camp/press photos and videos.
- Build and manage strong relationships with staff, campers, and the community.
- Participate and collaborate in camp staff meetings and activities.
ENGLISH / JOURNALISM / YEARBOOK TEACHER
Hanahan High School, Hanahan, SC | 2010 - 2020
- Developed and taught multiple Language Arts curriculums to 9th and 10th grade students, ranging from grammar to research to literature.
- Developed and taught a Journalism curriculum to students from grades 9-12, ranging from laws and ethics to objective and opinionated news reporting/writing.
- Developed and taught a Yearbook curriculum to students from grades 9-12, ranging from photography/design to creating, editing, and publishing the yearbook.
- Developed and managed the creation, publication, and promotion of a 200+ page yearbook, including allocating work, conducting meetings, and providing feedback.
- Developed and organized creative, curriculum components using technology, with strong utilization of Google and Microsoft Applications.
- Maintained all aspects of classroom management.
- Managed all necessary tracking and grade reporting systems to ensure student grade statistics are gathered, tracked, analyzed, and measured.
- Managed content, branding, and dispersing of yearbook materials via social media.
- Built and managed strong and supportive student / teacher relationships.
- Participated and collaborated in school meetings, activities, and events.
As a parent, I often volunteer at school events for both my elementary and preschool aged children. As a teacher, I am always volunteering to help assist school events for our high school students.
Bachelor of Science in English Education (Secondary)
Master of Art in Communications
Master of Education in Secondary Administrative Leadership