Innovative Nonprofit Management – Connecting Strategic Planning to Impact
Nonprofit professional who bridges equity gaps with deep experience in workforce development, program management, and community engagement. As a connector committed to improving human services offerings, has a holistic knowledge of the private-public partnerships that work together to deliver success.
Key Skills & Competencies
Strategic Planning | Communication | Program Development | Community Relations Expert | Trainer, Facilitator
| Public-Private Partnerships | Marketing | Programs Budgeting |
Nonprofit Management | Special Events | Fundraising | Donor Presentations
THE WORKPLACE, INC. | Bridgeport, CT
Program Manager II, YouthBuild Bridgeport - 5yrs
Oversee and manage the pre-apprentice construction and manufacturing program serving youth adults 16 to 24.
• Direct day-to-day full cycle program operation. Recruit and enroll participants, create, and manage budgets and expenses, hire staff.
• Train, place, and perform case management for 96 participants in two grant cycles.
• Maintain safety regulations and ensure compliance with Federal Government guidelines and YouthBuild USA.
• Supervise and support staff and community partners like Habitat for Humanity to ensure participants complete training, become job ready, and pursue post-secondary goals.
• Collect, tabulate, and input data using the US Department of Labor Management Information System (MIS) to measure program impact. Write reports for agency, partners, and funders to ensure a closed loop and accountability.
SW Regional Coordinator, Step UP Program - 4yrs
Managed a job creation program developed from a $30 million-dollar statewide small business grant operated by the five Connecticut Regional Workforce Investment Boards.
• Determined eligibility, agreements, grant awards, monthly employer reimbursements and reporting.
• Served as liaison to help develop protocols and procedures between agency, government agencies, the business community, one stop career centers, not for profit, and faith-based communities. Facilitated collaboration of services and resources within a 20-town service delivery region.
• Assisted in establishing methodologies, evaluating progress, and reporting of grant achievements.
THE COMMISSION ON WOMEN CHILDREN, SENIORS, EQUITY AND OPPORTUNITY | Hartford, CT
Facilitator, Parent Leadership Training Institute - 15+yrs
Serve as trainer and coach for a global 20-week family civics initiative created to help individuals interact and navigate systems to create positive outcomes for multi-generational families.
• Facilitate civic sessions geared toward personal, family and community leadership and assisted nearly 300 leaders throughout Fairfield County with their civic projects to serve diverse populations.
• Connect leaders with services and resources to interact with local government and systems to voice concerns, promote advocacy, and discuss ideas, access financial and other resources to implement projects.
ANNIE E. CASEY FOUNDATION/CASEY FAMILY SERVICES | Bridgeport, CT
Volunteer Coordinator - 5yrs
• Recruited, trained, and coached volunteers who served as mentors and tutors to support youth in foster care.
• Assisted with planning annual volunteer, donor, parent appreciation, staff recognition, and recruitment events.
• Chaired the United Way Employee Annual Giving Campaigns.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS© MID-FAIRFIELD COUNTY | Fairfield, CT
Director of Programs - 1yr
Collaborated with women’s empowerment groups to assist more than 500 women develop skills to facilitate achievement of career goals and self-reliance.
• Spearheaded the development, implementation, and retention of five programs.
• Supervised a professional team and coordinated the recruitment of more than 100 agency partners to facilitate program delivery.
• Served as a catalyst for positive change, using on-going program evaluations and feedback to pursue performance excellence.
• Coached and mentored staff and clients with a focus on skill development.
CAREER RESOURCES, INC. | Bridgeport, CT
Program Manager, Community Network Center - 2yrs
Key catalyst in the creation of the “walk-in” Center designed to assist the Greater Bridgeport community with information, referrals, access to programs, services, and resources.
• Recruited, trained, and supervised nearly 100 volunteers.
• Provided nearly 2,500 referrals in the first year of operation.
• Developed a synergistic relationship with resource providers and business partners.
• Created a multi-media strategy including asset mapping which included e-newsletters, events, bulletins, speakers’ bureau, a donor resource network, and asset mapping initiatives.
• Broadcast information to more than 400 community groups to maximize awareness of programs, services, and engagement.
Board Member - South End Neighborhood Revitalization Zone and Building Neighborhoods Together
Outreach Volunteer and Photographer - Alpha Community Services
Co-Founder - Greater Bridgeport Latino Network
President - East Side Resource Exchange
B.S., Psychology | University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
LATINO LEADERSHIP ACADEMY, Hartford, CT
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP PROGRAM, GRAUSTEIN FOUNDATION, Hamden, CT
WOMEN’S CAMAPIGN SCHOOL at YALE, New Haven, CT
LEADERSHIP GREATER BRIDGEPORT, Bridgeport Regional Business Council, Bridgeport, CT
Outstanding Community Service - Parent Leadership Training Institute
Small Business & Economic Investment Recognition Award - Project Longevity
Latino Leadership Academy Citation - Connecticut General Assembly