Program Development and Management | Community Engagement | Nonprofit
Bilingual, creative human services professional with expertise in program development and job creation.
Key Skills & Competencies
Program Operation, Development and Administration • Strategic and Project Planning • Outreach and Community Relations Specialist • Trainer, Facilitator and Coach
THE COMMISSION ON WOMEN, CHILDREN, SENIORS, EQUITY AND OPPORTUNITY, Hartford, CT 10+ years
PARENT LEADERSHIP TRAINING INSTITUTE - FACILITATOR
National and International 20-week family civics initiative created to help individuals interact and navigate systems to create positive outcomes for multiple generational families.
• Facilitate civic sessions geared toward personal, family and community leadership.
• Connect leaders with services to interact with local government and systems to voice concerns, promote advocacy, discuss ideas, and implement projects.
• Assisted nearly 300 leaders in the Bridgeport, Stamford, and Norwalk area with their civic projects geared to serve children, families, seniors, low income, homeless, reentry and other diverse populations.
THE WORKPLACE, INC., YOUTHBUILD BRIDGEPORT, Bridgeport, CT 4 years
PROGRAM MANAGER II
A pre-apprentice construction and manufacturing program serving youth 16 to 24 years of age.
• Manage day to day program operation including; enrollment, recruitment, budgets, staffing, purchasing, training, placement and case management of 100 participants within the regulations and guidelines set forth by the Federal Government and YouthBuild USA.
• Supervise, train and support a staff and multiple community partners to help students complete training, become job ready and pursue post-secondary goals.
• Collect, tabulate and input data using reporting systems and submit reports as required by agency, partners and funders.
THE WORKPLACE, INC., STEP UP PROGRAM, Bridgeport, CT 4 years
SW REGIONAL COORDINATOR
$30 million small business statewide grant program - part of Job Creation Initiative operated by the five Connecticut Regional Workforce Investment Boards.
• Managed the day-to-day program operation; including eligibility, agreements, grant awards, monthly employer reimbursements and reporting.
• Served as liaison to help develop protocols and procedures between agency, government agencies, the business community, one stop career centers, not for profit and faith-based communities to facilitate collaboration of services and resources within a 20-town service delivery region.
• Assisted in establishing methodologies, evaluating progress and reporting of grant achievements.
ANNIE E. CASEY FOUNDATION/CASEY FAMILY SERVICES, Bridgeport, CT 5 years
• Recruited, trained and coached volunteers who served as mentors and tutors to support youth ages 5-23 years of age in foster care.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS © MID-FAIFIELD COUNTY, Fairfield, CT 1 year
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
• Collaborated with women’s empowerment groups to assist more than 500 women develop skills to facilitate achievement of career goals and self-reliance.
• Spearheaded the development, implementation and retention of five programs.
• Supervised a professional team and coordinated the recruitment of more than 100 agency partners to facilitate program delivery.
• Served as a catalyst for positive change, using on-going program evaluations and feedback to pursue performance excellence.
• Coached and mentored staff and clients with a focus on skill developments.
CAREER RESOURCES, INC., Bridgeport, CT 2 years
PROGRAM MANAGER: Community Network Center – A Walk in Center
• Key catalyst in the creation of the Community Network Center designed as a community outreach initiative to assist Greater Bridgeport community with information, referrals, access to programs, services and resources.
• Recruited, trained and supervised nearly 100 volunteers.
• Provided nearly 2,500 referrals its first year of operation.
• Developed a synergistic relationship with resource providers and business partners
• Created a multi-media strategy including asset mapping which included electronic news, events, bulletins, speakers’ bureau, and donor resource network.
• Broadcasted information to more than 400 community groups to maximize awareness of programs and services.
CAREER RESOURCES, INC., Bridgeport, CT 3 years
COMMUNITY RELATIONS SPECIALIST
• Directed community outreach initiatives to ensure awareness of the agency’s 11 programs including CTWorks, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), business showcases, and leadership workshops.
• Developed and implemented marketing strategies including press releases, marketing materials, presentations and fundraisers within the agencies 20-town serving communities.
Extensive work in nonprofits serving as a bridge to many community organizations working in social services, education, and workforce development.
Bachelors Degree in Psychology - University of Bridgeport
LATINO LEADERSHIP ACADEMY, Hartford, CT
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP PROGRAM, GRAUSTEIN FOUNDATION: Hamden, CT
WOMEN’S CAMAPIGN SCHOOL at YALE, New Haven, CT
LEADERSHIP GREATER BRIDGEPORT, Bridgeport Regional Business Council
PARENT LEADERSHIP TRAINING INSTITUTE: Outstanding Community Service
PROJECT LONGEVITY: Small Business & Economic Investment Recognition Award
CONNECTICUT GENERAL ASSEMBLY: Latino Leadership Academy Citation