Assistant Program Manager/Data Analytics/Project Manager/ SW Eng. Manager/Incident/SW Problem Manager
Software engineer with project management and team leadership experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Applied strong industry experience working for Fortune 500 companies to a higher education setting, teaching engineering students and working with Data Analytics for the University.
Key Skills & Competencies
Full SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) | Design, Develop, and Validate Code
Project Management | Change Management | Program Management | Process Improvement
Planning | Scheduling | Budgeting | Risk Management | Data Analytics | Metrics/Dashboard Reporting
Agile Scrum Master, Product Owner & Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Flexibility | Self-discipline | Empathic Leadership | Continuous Learner | Communication
Software: Jira | Confluence | Asana | Trello
Computer Skills: SAP, S/4HANA, GITHUB, TABLEAU, JAVA, C, C++ UNDER WINDOWS NT/LYNX OS/LINUX OS ENVIRONMENT, GSON, AWS, MS Azure, LAMDA, XML, MS ACCESS, MS PROJECT, MS EXCEL, VISUAL BASIC, SQL
Adjunct Faculty, Software Engineering Department
Rochester Institute of Technology | 5 years
Mentored team of 4 - 5 Seniors through all the phases of software development life cycle in their Capstone Projects. Taught Introduction to Software Engineering (SWEN-261) to ~40 student class.
Assistant Director Reporting & Analytics, University Advancement
Rochester Institute of Technology | 1 year
Distributed weekly cash and commitment fundraising campaign metrics to entire Fundraiser Organization to track incoming donations against the yearly target towards long term campaign goal of $1 Billion
● Delivered reports to internal Campus partners and External entities like VSE @ CASE, AITU, USI, Liberty Mutual, US News
● Created and delivered ~60+ Ad-Hoc reporting requests using SQL, in one year.
● Developed End to End automation to reduce Weekly Fundraiser and Contact Report metrics distribution time from 30min to < 10min.
IS Project Manager
Monroe County Information Systems, Rochester | 1 year
HR Responsibility for managing the Information Services Project Team and team under Deputy Director.
● Served as liaison between Monroe County and vendors for assigned projects to drive progress and mitigate issues.
● Participated in RFP reviews and analysis to recommend new software solution to improve resource scheduling management
● Worked with team to drive structure needed to deploy SW & tools to drive Countywide Project Management
Sr. Software (SW) Engineering Manager/Project Manager/Product Owner
L3Harris Corporation, Rochester, NY | 2 years
Led cross-functional team to deliver software release to support Department of Defense Communications products. Managed $1M budget, resources planning, defining release scope, tracking and mitigation of risks and driving quality of key features.
● Built software development plans, developed and tracked SW release schedules.
● Increased 2x development efficiency by collaboratively driving organization-wide rollout of Agile Scrum methodology to deliver DoD products with common software platforms across multiple products
Xerox Corporation, Webster, NY | 15+ years
Progressively promoted to Senior Systems Engineer for ability to improve processes, transform reporting with automation, and prioritize projects that drove efficiency and quality delivery.
Sr. Systems Engineer/Software Project Manager | 1 yr
● Realized significant productivity gain, ~5 hours of time savings per week of Senior Engineer, by delivering an automated Reporting Tool
● Increased organization resource efficiency by Designing and Developing Status Rollup and Reporting tool for Senior Management, resulted in~40K+ per year savings
● Reduced meeting cadence time 50% with < 5% processing errors by implementing improvement to Change Control Board (CCB) process, allowing focus on key software change requests
Software Problem Manager | 2 yrs
● Delivered development of key software reliability and feature health metrics dashboards across all MFP
● Significantly improved Product Launch Date prediction accuracy by reducing number of projection iteration from 7 to 3 for key metric “S-Curve” in product launch timeline
● Drove infrastructure process improvements to allow management of 2 times more problems for given release
● Delivered End to End design solution to manage multiple Baseline in Jira Problem Management Tool to manage problem fix delivery across multiple releases, resulting in 50% of operational efficiency
Assistant Program Manager | 2 yrs
Collaborated on all aspects of program management to drive the launch of Xerox Production Printing Systems. Managed program plans across worldwide value-chain partners to launch 2 production systems within 2 years. Facilitated all key program meetings. Identified and mitigated schedule risks to ensure program delivery on track and aligned with business and technical goals. Defined Customer Escalations strategy to insure <1 day of productivity loss for Customer Print Shops.
Software Reliability Manager | 8 yrs
Managed a team for tracking, forecasting, and reporting software reliability metrics across the Xerox Production Printers (iGen, CiPress, Nuvera) to senior management. Applied statistical models to the organization’s find and fix rate in order to predict project completion. Improved > 50% operational efficiency in problem management by driving multiple release capability into problem management tool to track and deliver software.
Key technical leader for embedded software application development for a wide range of office multifunction devices using C and C++ on LynxOS and Linux operating systems. Collaborated with cross-cultural development teams in multiple locations across the globe to deliver integrated quality solutions for Scanning (Scan to Email/Internet Fax/ScanToHome) and Network Authentication features
Prior roles with Dell, Xerox and Ford
M.S. SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
B.S. COMPUTER SCIENCE Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Published two Reports on competitive analysis of Image Quality
Received Cash Award for Developing tool to build dashboard of weekly status of Plan vs. Actual work. This reduced Sr. Mgr time from a half day of manual work down to <15min per week
Over the years, had Received number of internal awards for improving process efficiency and for solving complex software problem resolutions