Operations / Procurement / Continuous Improvement Project Manager
Enthusiastic Project Manager with extensive experience in the Aerospace and Insurance industries. Early background in Human Resources provided a compliance-friendly approach that supports precise work in Quality/Process Improvement positions and the detailed documentation and communication of procedures.
Key Skills & Competencies
Operations | LEAN/Continuous Improvement | Kaizen | Quality control
Procurement [commercial/military] | Supplier contract negotiation | International compliance
Procedure writing | Project management | Budget management | Risk management
Learning & Development | Training | Relationship Builder | Leadership | Communication
Tech skills: Microsoft Office Suite | SAP and JD Edwards procurement and time accrual systems
KFORCE STAFFING, Rocky Hill, CT | 2yrs, 3 contracts
Supply Chain Associate, COVID Project
Single point of contact for administering scheduling changes with suppliers.
• Managed schedule changes and communicated to commodity managers for forecasting activities.
• Actively supported development of supplier best in class metrics, KPIs, Lean principles and long-term agreement criteria.
HR Change Management Quality Associate
Developed milestone plan and communications for enterprise stakeholders on systems requiring integration after merger.
• Created and facilitated training, process improvements, dry runs based on stakeholder analysis of business change needs.
• Interfaced with business unit change management teams to plan roll out and go-live success factors.
• Managed key messaging and communications to change recipients.
• Identified improvement opportunities based on analysis of employee and customer trends.
Technical Writer, Medical Insurance, Contract Assignment
Created and implemented standard operating procedure criteria.
• Identified criteria for efficiency metrics and process for tracking and reporting metrics and risk mitigation
• Reviewed and analyzed procedures to identify, document/rewrite, train and implement best practices
• Developed, gathered, and disseminated technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers
• Prepared instruction manuals and articles to communicate complex, technical information more easily
• Identified waste elimination opportunities, defined resolutions and implementation timeline
LIBERTY MUTUAL, Hartford, CT | 2 mos contract
Underwriting Analyst, Insurance
Quality assurance review and analysis of underwriting contract requests and submittals
• Identified and submitted quality escapes (errors) and process inefficiencies.
• Identified software for process improvement after bid process.
• Managed broker and underwriter electronic submittals and ensured correct and timely processing
TRIUMPH, East Hartford, CT | 4 mos contract
Lean Associate, Operations
Managed shop and process flow of multiple product lines for aerospace customers.
• Accelerated engineering changes and part movement
• Implemented shop floor training and MRP systems
• Managed integration, process flow and training of three site merge
• Developed shop floor document management system for part identification and traceability
QUEST GLOBAL, East Hartford, CT | 6 mos
Quality Manager, United Technologies Aerospace Systems
• Increased customer satisfaction scores to 100% (+35%) in six months
• Implemented and monitored quality assurance standards to ensure consistent product quality
• Implemented and trained staff in Continuous Improvement processes and methodology
• Ensured annual quality and delivery requirements met alignment of annual KPIs
• Implemented and monitored quality assurance standards to ensure consistent product quality.
• Led investigations to determine root cause, corrective action, and mitigation of escapes and implement solutions.
• Tracked action plans to closure and provided leadership with future recommendations.
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION (UTC), Hartford, CT | 14 years
Quality Systems Lead / Strategy Manager for VP of Quality
Facilitated VP of Quality executive strategy sessions, communications and managed annual goals roadmap.
• Facilitated lean training and acted as triage for crises manufacturing and business process issues
• Ran monthly data analysis, event planning, budget management, and executive presentations
• Negotiated and monitored deliverables of executive staff to meet annual goals
• Supervised staff of website developers, managed statements of work and deliverables
• Led process improvement, waste reduction, team building, and communication of these efforts to the global quality organization
• Provided written or oral explanations of organizational policies
Global Supply Chain Standard Work and Training Manager
Identified and documented interdisciplinary process to address military CAR for prevention of counterfeit parts. Developed and administered training to the supply chain population.
• Managed interdisciplinary team to develop training and standard work for executing best supply chain practices and waste reduction. Developed online video and computer-based Training. Created and facilitated roadshows and town halls to communicate changes.
• Aligned Materials, Quality, Procurement, Finance, Legal and Operations training, standard work and reporting to meet military and commercial aviation guidelines.
• Defined and executed organizational strategy for supply chain training, succession and performance feedback
• Trained staff and initiated improvements to training based on customer feedback and business needs
• Managed budget expenditures
Strategic Sourcing Transition Manager
Developed and executed low cost sourcing strategies, for distribution and direct buy, rationalization (part family reallocation at suppliers) of supply base by commodity, daily.
• Managed Supplier Gold (Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Delivery) journey for low
cost and international vendors, daily.
• Developed and monitored supplier improvement plans for external vendors
• Ran metric reporting for senior leadership
Senior ACE Associate
• Facilitated monthly continuous improvement events for the Office of the President
• Managed continuous improvement [ACE] journey for 241 international sites
• Conducted weekly information, training and strategy sessions with international sites
• Developed database, with identified communications, training and best practices for all sites
UTC - Hamilton Sundstrand, Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT
Foremen/Shop floor supervisor
Directed staff of welders, fabricators and machinists to sustain delivery, quality, and earned
hours requirements, daily
• Developed and implemented associate lead cross training efforts for 100% parts and process coverage in nine months.
• Led 44% overdue piece reduction in 6 months
• Managed and resolved grievances and interpretations of Union contract to managers and hourly associates daily
Senior Buyer and ACE Pilot
Negotiated, reviewed contracts, and managed vendors and procurement of Military and Commercial airfoils, with a $20M annual spend.
• Managed Quality and Operations teams to meet military requirements and engine build
• Lead CIPT (Military, Engineering, Operations, Quality and Supply Chain) design and execution team, weekly meetings and executive reporting
• Managed vendor through site visits, weekly status calls, engineering reviews and budget
The Urban League of Greater Hartford, Event Volunteer
United Way, Event Volunteer
INROADS of Greater Hartford, Mentor, Event Volunteer
Junior Achievement, Classroom Volunteer
Habitat for Humanity, Event Volunteer
Albertus Magnus College, New Haven, CT
Masters of Science degree in Business Administration
Masters of Science degree in Business
Bachelors of Science degree in Business Management