Communications Training, Learning Experience Developer
I am a Master Facilitator, with both Fortune 500 and University graduate-level experience in teaching and coaching highly engaging blended-learning experiences. An Adult Learning Expert who always adapts to the needs of the learner by drawing upon over 15 years of facilitation and instructional design for both facilitated and e-learning courses. An expert and creative presenter with a unique knack for making the complex simple.
Key Skills & Competencies
Learning Design for Facilitation
Presentation Coaching & Consultation
Public Speaking Coaching
Articulate Storyline 360, Studio; Rise
Techsmith Snagit and Camtasia
Adobe Premiere Pro; Audacity, Captivate
Sharepoint (files and website)
STORYMATTERS, LLC, SOUTHEASTERN, CT 5 years, Current
Owner, Instructional Designer, Chief Storytelling Officer,
A Training company specializing in Communications training which works with clients to uncover the powerful stories that create connection and the hidden stories that create disconnection. Specializes in DEIB, storytelling, presentation skills and interpersonal communication. A master at working with those in the Science, Technology and Information Security sector:
• E-Learning design and development; (Companies designed and developed for as a subcontractor include: Hyatt Hotels, Nestlé Purina, IBM, Zoetis, San Diego Gas & Electric.)
• Virtual Learning (Designed and Conduct regular DEI classes for two State of Connecticut agencies, delivered on Zoom.)
• Storytelling for Sales - Group Coaching and Facilitation for sales teams.
• Public Speaking and Presentation skills for Individuals and teams
• Workshops in Team Building, Tough Conversations, Values and Boundaries, and Interpersonal Communication.
WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY OF ST LOUIS concurrent, 3 years
Adjunct Professor, Public Speaking and Presentation Skills School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
Taught graduate level course in public speaking and presentation skills including design elements and storytelling to Cyber Security and Information Management students preparing them for management careers.
• Created blended learning syllabus, which included improv exercises, 1:1 coaching, videos, reading assignments.
• Utilized methodology created by the Alda Center for Communicating Science including improvisation and distillation of complex methods
• Utilized design and presentation methodology created by Duarte, Inc. to clarify message and coach students into “Ted-like” presentations.
REINSURANCE COMPANY, ST. LOUIS, MO 5 years
Associate Director, Training and Communications, Global Risk Services, Global Security and Data Privacy
Responsible for all internal ad campaigns, training modules, awareness events and for Global Security Office of Fortune 275 Company. Winner of SANS Summit Securing the Human Poster Design Award.
• Scope, design, delivery and execution of all training and change management execution for General Protection Data Regulation initiative for all global offices and employees
• Planned and executed in person and remote training sessions for both domestic and foreign offices.
• Created games, contests and posters to make training entertaining and engaging
• Wrote, developed and designed computer-based training modules for Global Security and Compliance topics
MONSANTO, ST. LOUIS, MO 1 year
Information Security Communications and Training (Contract Position)
Created internal ad campaign and computer based training to inform and train global population in the awareness and prevention of cyber attacks and Intellectual Property loss.
• Created first sustainable Information Security Campaign.
• Wrote related articles of interest posted on intranet to educate and inform population.
• Created contest to make dry subject matter fun and engaging for users
BROWN SHOE COMPANY, (CALERES) ST. LOUIS, MO 3 years
Communications Lead, SAP Implementation,
Managed the marketing of, and information dissemination for awareness campaign for $65 million implementation of SAP, partnering with management to design strategy and ensure consistency of brand identity and message. Managed yearly $40,000 dollar budget. Wrote and edited monthly newsletters, maintained project website, planned events and conducted needs assessments in order to refine and hone campaign on an ongoing basis.
• Two-time recipient of SPOT award from Company CEO recognizing exceptional performance and teamwork.
• Wrote and directed commercials used as project advertising, information and training, which garnered praise from the Manager of Internal Communications for their inventiveness and entertainment value.
• Partnered with in-house creative team and outside ad agency to create successful unique ad campaigns and posters; received praise from ad experts for ability to communicate content vision and refine and improve outcome.
ANHEUSER-BUSCH, INC., ST. LOUIS, MO 2 years
Curriculum Developer, Mobility Training (Project-Based Contract Position)
Member Mobility Software Instructional Design team tasked to develop and design online training modules used to increase the skill level of sales reps and thereby increase beer sales in line with both Wholesaler and Corporate goals.
• Completed a complex, large scale project under highly constricted timelines, delivering 62 modules (30%) as one of a team of four, using Camtasia Studio and PowerPoint to successfully aid the Sales Reps and Drivers.
BROWN SHOE COMPANY, INC., (CALERES) ST. LOUIS, MO 1 year
Technical Writer (Project-Based)
Technical Writer for Payment Card Industry (PCI) audit, managing deliverables by working with over 25 IT staff members including Manager of Security. Gathered technical information and verified knowledge of subject by interviewing subject matter experts to create 300 pages to document policies and procedures.
• Created e-learning materials as documentation for remote access procedures to aide Sales Force in obtaining remote network access, including Cisco VPN, RSA SecurID token, Citrix with RSA SecurID token.
TRAVELING COACHES, DALLAS, TX 1 year
Curriculum Developer (Project-Based)
Created and updated software training documentation for the leading training company in the Legal Technical Industry. Documentation included guides for stand-up trainers, “Quick Tip” sheets for students, independent class exercises, and quizzes.
• Researched and wrote over 20 training modules created for Legal proprietary programs and Microsoft Word 2007 on basic and advanced topics for trainers to use in classroom setting.
• Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY MA, Theatre
• Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY BA (Dean’s List), Theatre
National award for best Security Awareness Poster design by SAS Securing the Human; Two SPOT awards (Internal) given by CEO of Fortune 1000 company for excellence.