Corporate Event Coordinator/Sales Support / Training and Leadership
Detail-oriented and highly organized professional leads and drives teams to success. Proven ability to effectively introduce and manage structure, processes, and procedures that greatly enhance the proficiency of a given operation. An asset in business growing customer relationships, in a classroom as a teacher, and in a high-end restaurant chain as a staff training facilitator, executive admin, and event planner. Now, ready to pivot strong interpersonal, communications, and project execution skills toward a new industry.
Key Skills & Competencies
Adaptability, Communication, Collaboration Organization, Problem Solving
Teaching / Training
Google and Microsoft Applications, Social Media Platforms
Motorlease Corporation, Farmington, CT, ~1 year.
- successfully managed a pipeline of 500 accounts and met quarterly quotas.
- nurtured and maintained meaningful relationships with assigned accounts.
- effectively utilized Salesforce CRM to manage pipeline account records and B2B sales operations.
Max Restaurant Group - Max Downtown, Hartford, CT, 11 years.
Assistant Event Coordinator, Office Manager, and Head of Host Staff Training.
- Prepared and established efficient dining-service workflow while coordinating appropriate seating requests for high-profile clientele.
- Contributed to building and maintaining high-profile clientele by noting specific details/dining preferences and encouraging the use of our facilities and resources for future business events resulting in repeat sales.
- Negotiated and drafted private dining contracts with clients that meet all their requests.
- Efficiently communicate to front-of-house management and executive chef details including the contract details, designating appropriate service support, reaching out to designated vendors to accommodate menu/beverage selections / and any other necessary items for client's event.
-Handled administrative assistance for management, created and implemented HOST training manual.
West Hartford Public Schools- Sedgwick Middle School, 2 years.
English Language Arts Teacher.
- Collaborated with Language Arts Team to develop, organize, and teach engaging lesson plans based on curriculum units for grades 6th to 8th.
- Trained and strongly encouraged students to utilize various technology resources, especially Google Workspace.
- Maintained all aspects of classroom management including conduct and organization.
- Actively collaborated with Core Teaching Team to address students' academic needs and build a positive learning environment. This was achieved by managing all necessary tracking and grade reporting systems to ensure student grade statistics are tracked, analyzed, measured, and then shared with the rest of the Team.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment toward fostering positive rapport with both students and parents.
As a community member of both Hartford and West Hartford, seek ways to help both education systems thrive.
Volunteered tutoring to serve students and provided educational consulting for parents struggling with the virtual learning transition.during COVID pandemic.
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Connecticut
Master of Arts in Elementary Ed., University of Saint Joseph
Connecticut Initial Teaching Certification, Elementary K-6
The Foundation for WHPS Schools:
Received honorary donation towards the Teacher Grant Program for encouraging and supporting students.
Maximo Nivel Intercultural Center- TEFL/TESOL Certified
San Jose, Costa Rica