Organized, knowledgeable, nonprofit professional with human services expertise. Navigates public-private partnerships that connect services and directly help individuals. Thrives in organizations that are committed to building strong individuals and communities.
Key Skills & Competencies
Microsoft Office Suite
American Red Cross adult and child CPR/First Aid
Drug and Alcohol Recovery Coach
Women’s Recovery Navigator - Chemical Abuse Services (Casa) 2 yrs
Worked collaboratively with staff and fellow navigators to bridge the chasm between professional treatment in region and sustainable recovery within each client’s environment.
• Served as a role model and shared story to enhance women's recovery and to help resolve issues.
• Developed, grew, and facilitated individual and group recovery support services.
• Supported individuals in exploring, identifying and connecting with community and natural resources while transitioning to a meaningful lifestyle.
• Wrote clear documentation and provided outreach and transportation as needed.
• Served as a case manager and advocate for women with DCF involvement to assist with the reunification process.
Youth Program supervisor - Community Action Partners Rise Program - 2 yrs
Supervised treatment activities, assigned staff, and participants.
• Maintained a therapeutic safe, secure and gender-responsive environment for all.
• Actively engaged the therapeutic community and ensured all program rules and regulations were followed.
• Provided ongoing training, coaching and monthly supervision for assigned staff.
• Ensured all necessary documentation was timely and accurate e.g. insurance forms, logs, incident reports, inspections, etc.
• In the absence of the Program Director, assumed the operational responsibilities of the program.
• Reviewed participant treatment goals/progress with Program Director and other staff.
• Engaged in all trainings offered to enhance professional development.
• Served as a role model to participants and staff, modeling pro-social behaviors.
Program Coordinator - City of Bridgeport Second Chance Program for the City of Bridgeport, 2+yrs
Mayor’s Initiative for Reentry Affairs (M.I.R.A.) Program Coordinator
Served as main outreach liaison engaging citizens returning into the community and in DOC custody.
• Planned Career Resource Fairs assisting and developing readiness workshops, serving as an ambassador, assessing individuals for service enrollment, and assisting in awareness programs in the community.
• Networked and engaged with community partners that could assist in connecting clients with the proper referrals for services.
Overnight Monitor- Connecticut Renaissance 2+yrs
Oversaw 64 male residents in a secure residential facility, ensuring their well-being and safety.
• Assisted with and supervised client activities and facility.
• Provided direct and indirect care/case management to residential behavioral health clients. Direct services included developing appropriate therapeutic relationships with clients; facilitating assigned educational groups and community meetings, routine bed checks, house rounds and documentation of client count. Indirect services included developing positive working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, referral sources and members of the clinical team.
• Served as liaison with probation and parole.
Assistant Manager, Community Residences - Sound Ridge group home
Provided leadership to the residential group home when supervisor is not on site. Implemented teaching strategies and programs per DDS guidelines.
• Assisted staff with direct care, scheduling doctor appointments, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or house RN appointments.
• Made sure floor books were done and DDS guidelines are being followed by staff.
• Helped interview new hires.
• Created program schedules for the house and outings for the clients.
• Assisted with staff scheduling.
• Ordered medications from pharmacies as well as weekly med audits.
• Oversaw client monthly funding and signed off on petty cash
• Participated in IOP process with the clients and family.
Senior Case Manager, Catholic Charities
Interviewed clients, reviewed records, conducted monthly assessments and conferred with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of a client.
• Assisted clients with daily tasks and life skills, encouraging clients to attend drug and alcohol programs.
• Collaborated with counselors, physicians or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment.
• Assisted clients with filling out job applications as well as providing emotional support.
• Provided client advocacy in a full HIV Home.
• Monitored security to ensure there was no drug trafficking on the house property.
Physician’s Assistant - Brighter Concepts Health Care, Fairfield, CT 4+yrs
Checked in patients, scheduled appointments, and handled patient specimens for an Adult, Child and addiction Psychiatrist.
• Set up new patients for suboxone program.
• Called in prescriptions, preauthorization letters to insurance companies, and faxed Medical letters.
• Provided excellent customer service, handled sensitive patient information and office administration for this high-volume office.
Purchasing Clerk - Sikorsky Aircraft
Managed transactional, reporting, data maintenance and customer service.
• Ensured appropriate collection, reported procurement spent.
• Computed large volumes of data in spread sheets and databases.
• Handled code and cost receivers for raw materials. Monitored all deliveries of raw goods inventory.
Human Resources/Tax Dept./Finance Dept. Transaction Analysis,
General Electric (PDS TECH GROUP) Danbury, Stamford, Norwalk - 7 yrs
Worked with cash desk critical functions by processing wires and invoices. Recorded data for products received on credit from a specific vendor, then processed.
• Worked with repetitive and initial funding, model setups and model modifications through ACBS (Advance commercial banking system), support central and web cash, worked with requestors to process payments in a timely manner.
• Assisted with cash desk metrics used for national and international payment instructions.
• For HR, matched and processed checks; created personnel folders for new hire employees. Audited I9’s and filed terminated paperwork, created personnel folders for new hire employees.
• Various administrative office duties, answering phones in a fast-paced environment.
Customer Service Rep. Cablevision Stratford, CT
Answered calls in a fast-paced high volume call center, assisting cable customers with trouble shooting and billing issues.
Bridgeport Presidents Social club - 15+years: Handing out food to the homeless;
Handing out food to the elderly; Putting social events together for the community such as a mother son dance, donating to Bridgeport business, reading to the youth, giving hats and gloves to support Bridgeport’s Friendsgiving
Assisted with putting together a bookbag drive
Collecting and delivering toys to children in the inner city
Held a can food and Jean drive
Bachelor of Science Human Services Candidate - Post University