Office Administration & Management | HR Assistant
Office management professional with client service skills from ten years in Human Services. Ability to problem solve in the moment and identify and document client needs. Diverse experience in nonprofit, corporate, and start-up settings. Pivoting from case management to administrative work.
Key Skills & Competencies
Scheduling | Case Management | Vendor Management | Relationship builder | Office Administration
Customer Service | HR Support | Documentation | Interpersonal skills | Diverse Client Experience
Software/Apps: CureLogic (EHR platform), SANDATA, Google Suite, SLACK
Family Time Specialist - Boys & Girls Village, Milford, CT | 1 year
Manage and supervise the 6-month visitation process between foster children and the families they have been moved from, due to issues of mental health, substance abuse, homelessness. Provide logistical and therapeutic support that protects the health and safety of the child and supports family reunification if possible.
• Manage the nontraditional schedules and transportation of children to the Boys & Girls Village for visits.
• Ensure visitation duration and frequency is consistent with the Department of Children and Families (DCF) contract.
• Serve as liaison with DCF and Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) to stay briefed on outside resource needs, parental plan compliance status, foster placement needs, and child progress.
• Maintain detailed documentation in CureLogic electronic health records (EHR) platform, in accordance with state regulations and DCF compliance.
• Wrote emails and sent faxes to various stakeholders, legal, and agencies, involved with each case.
• Connect the parents to community help and other human services organizations.
• Provide crisis intervention, parent guidance, and parental education.
• Participate in Permanency Team Meetings with DCF.
--Provide input and documented information for transfer of guardianship recommendations.
--Attend court hearings to provide testimony and documentation when needed.
Family Navigator - Business Development, MOVIA Robotics INC., Bristol, CT | 1 year
Start up venture delivering robotic assistive training to children on the autism spectrum.
Built strong relationships with prospects and customers to increase sales and engagement with products. Researched and connected parents/guardians/schools to funding solutions to enable sales and greater access to the technology for all children.
• Served as company contact fielding customer and prospect questions.
• Removed client barriers to care by identifying critical resources for clients, helping them navigate through health care services and systems, promoting client health.
• Ensured successful onboarding, customer satisfaction and utilization with HomePAL® Robot Software System.
• Collaborated with Sales team, Curriculum Development, external service providers, and educators as needed.
Women’s Recovery Navigator - Chemical Abuse Services Agency, Bridgeport, CT | 2 yrs
Worked collaboratively with staff and navigator peers to strengthen the relationship between professional treatment in region and a sustainable recovery environment.
• Served as a role model and shared stories to enhance women's recovery and to help support mental health challenges.
• Developed, grew, and facilitated individual and group recovery support services.
• Supported individuals in exploring, identifying, and connecting with community resources while transitioning to a healthy lifestyle.
• Wrote clear documentation and provided outreach and transportation as needed.
• Served as a case manager and advocate for women with DCF involvement to assist with the reunification process.
Youth Program Supervisor, Community Action Partners Rise Program, Bridgeport, CT | 2 years
Supervised treatment activities, assigned staff, and participants in the Youth Program.
• Maintained a safe, secure and gender-responsive environment for colleagues and clients.
• Actively engaged participants and ensured all program rules and regulations were followed.
• Provided ongoing training, coaching and monthly supervision for assigned staff.
• Ensured all necessary documentation was timely and accurate e.g. insurance forms, logs, incident reports, inspections, etc.
• Assumed the operational responsibilities of the program when Program Director was out.
• Reviewed participant treatment goals/progress with Program Director and other staff.
• Engaged in all professional development training.
Mayor’s Initiative for Reentry Affairs (M.I.R.A.) Program Coordinator, City of Bridgeport Second Chance Program | 2+years
Served as main outreach liaison engaging people returning into the community and in DOC custody. Planned Career Resource Fairs, assisted in developing readiness workshops, assessed individuals for service enrollment, and promoted awareness of the program in the community. Networked and engaged with community partners that could assist in connecting clients with the proper referrals for services and supported successful community reintegration.
Other Relevant Professional Experience
Office Manager, Brighter Concepts Health Care, Fairfield, CT
Transaction Analyst, HR/Tax/Finance Dept. General Electric (PDS TECH GROUP) Stamford, Norwalk, CT
Community volunteer and advocate in Bridgeport, CT and surrounding areas with several human services organizations, including co-founding a start-up nonprofit.
Bachelor of Science Human Services, Candidate – Post University
American Red Cross Adult and Child CPR/First Aid exp. 10/2020
Drug and Alcohol Recovery Coach
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Trained
Community Partner of the Year in 2018 - Awarded for outstanding service in her work assisting women and leading them to success by connecting them to resources within the community.