Client Services | HR, Sales, Nonprofit
Client services professional who leverages over ten years in the field of Human Services to problem solve in the moment and identify needs and pain points. Awarded Community Partner of the Year in 2018 for the outstanding service she has provided to her community, in her work assisting women and leading them to success by connecting them to resources within the community. Diverse experience in non-profit, corporate and start-up settings. Thrives in human-centric organizations that are committed to building relationships and communities.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Human Services: Organizational, Financial, and Case Management
• Sales Support: Relationship builder, barrier identification, needs assessment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Passionate, trustworthy, and empathetic with Clients
• Cultural competency understanding with diverse populations
• Tech Savvy - Microsoft Office Suite, CRM Tools, SLACK
Family Navigator - Business Development, MOVIA Robotics INC., Bristol, CT | 1 year
Start up venture delivering robotic assistive training to children on the autism spectrum.
Builds strong relationships with prospects and customers to increase sales and engagement with products. As part of the business development team, research and connect parents/guardians/schools to funding solutions to enable sales and greater access to the technology for all children.
• Serve as primary point of contact answering all financial questions and ongoing technical or curriculum questions. Serve as the final point in the customer sales cycle.
• Remove client barriers to care by identifying critical resources for clients, helping them navigate through health care services and systems, promoting client health.
• Ensure successful on-boarding, customer satisfaction and utilization with HomePAL® Robot Software System.
• In problem solving for clients, frequently collaborate with Sales team, Customer Support, Curriculum Development, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships, external service providers, and educators as needed.
Women’s Recovery Navigator - Chemical Abuse Services Agency, Bridgeport, CT | 2 yrs
Worked collaboratively with staff and fellow navigators to bridge the chasm between professional treatment in region and sustainable recovery within each client’s environment.
• Served as a role model and shared story to enhance women's recovery and to help resolve issues.
• Developed, grew, and facilitated individual and group recovery support services.
• Supported individuals in exploring, identifying and connecting with community and natural resources while transitioning to a meaningful lifestyle.
• Wrote clear documentation and provided outreach and transportation as needed.
• Served as a case manager and advocate for women with DCF involvement to assist with the reunification process.
Youth Program Supervisor, Community Action Partners Rise Program, Bridgeport, CT | 2 years
Supervised treatment activities, assigned staff, and participants.
• Maintained a therapeutic safe, secure and gender-responsive environment for all.
• Actively engaged the therapeutic community and ensured all program rules and regulations were followed.
• Provided ongoing training, coaching and monthly supervision for assigned staff.
• Ensured all necessary documentation was timely and accurate e.g. insurance forms, logs, incident reports, inspections, etc.
• In the absence of the Program Director, assumed the operational responsibilities of the program.
• Reviewed participant treatment goals/progress with Program Director and other staff.
• Engaged in all trainings offered to enhance professional development.
• Served as a role model to participants and staff, modeling pro-social behaviors.
Mayor’s Initiative for Reentry Affairs (M.I.R.A.) Program Coordinator, City of Bridgeport Second Chance Program | 2+years
Served as main outreach liaison engaging citizens returning into the community and in DOC custody.
• Planned Career Resource Fairs assisting and developing readiness workshops, serving as an ambassador, assessing individuals for service enrollment, and assisting in awareness programs in the community.
• Networked and engaged with community partners that could assist in connecting clients with the proper referrals for services.
Overnight Monitor, Connecticut Renaissance, Shelton, CT | 2+years
Oversaw 64 male residents in a secure residential facility, ensuring their well-being and safety.
• Assisted with and supervised client activities and facility.
• Provided direct and indirect care/case management to residential behavioral health clients. Direct services included developing appropriate therapeutic relationships with clients; facilitating assigned educational groups and community meetings, routine bed checks, house rounds and documentation of client count. Indirect services included developing positive working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, referral sources and members of the clinical team.
• Served as liaison with probation and parole.
Assistant Manager, Community Residences, Sound Ridge Group Home, CT | 2 years
. Provided leadership to the residential group home. Implemented teaching strategies and programs per DDS guidelines.
• Assisted staff with direct care, scheduling of medical appointments.
•Ensured staff completed documentation per DDS guidelines.
• Performed new hire interviews
• Created and executed client-centric program schedules and events.
• Assisted with staff scheduling.
• Ordered medications from pharmacies. Performed medication audits.
• Oversaw client monthly funding and signed off on petty cash.
• Participated in IOP process with the clients and family.
Senior Case Manager, Catholic Charities, Bridgeport, CT | 1 yr
Interviewed clients, reviewed records, conducted monthly assessments and conferred with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of a client.
• Assisted clients with daily tasks and life skills, encouraging clients to attend drug and alcohol programs.
• Collaborated with counselors, physicians or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment.
• Assisted clients with filling out job applications as well as providing emotional support.
• Provided client advocacy in a full HIV Home.
• Monitored security to ensure there was no drug trafficking on the house property.
Office Manager, Brighter Concepts Health Care, Fairfield, CT | 4+yrs
Checked in patients, scheduled appointments, and handled patient specimens for an Adult, Child and addiction Psychiatrist.
• Set up new patients for suboxone program.
• Called in prescriptions, preauthorization letters to insurance companies, and faxed Medical letters.
• Provided excellent customer service, handled sensitive patient information and office administration for this high-volume office.
Purchasing Clerk, Sikorsky Aircraft, Stratford, CT | 1 yr
. Managed transactional, reporting, data maintenance and customer service.
• Ensured appropriate collection, reported procurement spent.
• Computed large volumes of data in spread sheets and databases.
• Handled code and cost receivers for raw materials. Monitored all deliveries of raw goods inventory.
Human Resources/Tax /Finance Transaction Analysis, General Electric (PDS TECH GROUP) | 7 years
• Worked with cash desk critical functions by processing wires and invoices. Recorded data for products received on credit from a specific vendor, then processed.
• Worked with repetitive and initial funding, model setups and model modifications through ACBS (Advance commercial banking system), support central and web cash, worked with requestors to process payments in a timely manner.
• Assisted with cash desk metrics used for national and international payment instructions.
• For HR, matched and processed checks; created personnel folders for new hire employees. Audited I9’s and filed terminated paperwork, created personnel folders for new hire employees.
• Various administrative office duties, answering phones in a fast-paced environment.
Community volunteer and advocate in Bridgeport, CT and surrounding areas with several human services organizations, including co-founding a start-up nonprofit.
Bachelor of Science Human Services Candidate - Post University
American Red Cross adult and child CPR/First Aid
Drug and Alcohol Recovery Coach
2018 Community Partner of the Year - for outstanding service to her community.