Human Resource Business Partner
HR & Service Enthusiast
Key Skills & Competencies
Multi-lingual, results driven Human Resource Professional with 7 years of solid experience in staffing, employee relationship, talent management, interviewing and onboarding, HR communication and training. People leader with effective team building skills and ability to establish relationships with all levels of employees. A Strategic business partner, able to support multiple business units and motivate individuals to optimal performance.
Suzlon Energy Ltd. – Pune, India
HR Manager, Corporate HR 1 year
Suzlon Energy Limited is an Indian wind turbine manufacturer based in Pune, India. It was formerly ranked by MAKE as the world's fifth largest wind turbine supplier. Globally, Suzlon has installed over 17000 MW of wind power capacity in 18 countries
• Worked at the Suzlon corporate headquarters and oversaw the day-to-day delivery of Human Resources services to approximately 150 employees of the Operation and Maintenance (OMS) division.
• Worked closely with Covid Task Force Team, Suzlon Health & Safety Team to ensure appropriate communication has been shared with all 150 employees, 1:1 engagement with each of these employees and monitored the survey to ensure safety of our employee force.
• Worked with senior executives (CXO level), department heads, and HRBPs of other client groups to formulate corporate policies and roll it out to the larger organization.
• Conducted more than 70 one-on-ones with employees to understand their job profile and career aspirations and worked with their managers to develop career development plan for them. An overall assessment of the group was presented to the COO.
• Partnered with department manager to develop staffing requirement, communicated it to the recruitment team, interviewed candidates and managed the recruitment cycle to complete the staffing requirement within the timeline.
• Onboarded 10 new employees effectively for a smooth transition into the company. Managed the training calendar and development of all employees.
• Effectively communicated the delay in the payment of their salaries to the employees and managed the attrition rate during that period.
• Conducted effective exit interviews with approximately 50 employees and analyzed the cause for attrition.
• Monitored the implementation of HR policies and procedures and assisted employees with interpreting it.
• Lead the Employee benefits, safety and training data collection and analysis activity by coordinating with six regional HR heads.
• Acted as the Department SPOC for Learning & Development
• Culture ambassador for Suzlon and provided training on company values and culture
PepsiCo – PBC – Somers, NY 3 mos.
HR Business Partner, Corporate HR
• Supported the Food Service and Business Intelligence BIS teams as well as overall support for the North America Beverage (NAB) BIS organization. Direct generalist responsibility for a client group of approximately 150 employees based in Somers, NY, Chicago, IL, Winston-Salem, NC, Bradenton, FL and Canada.
• Worked with the senior management team to develop, implement and drive results increasing organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Provided HR generalist support to client teams/employees in the areas of: Organizational and Managerial Capability, Succession Planning and Development, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Compensation and Performance Management and other HR Processes.
• Partnered with Human Resources Director on HR projects including Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, Organizational Health action planning/execution and Talent Management and Planning amongst other HR processes across client area.
• Partnered with BIS HR team to ensure the flawless execution of all core HR processes (compensation planning, recruitment, people planning and talent management) for assigned group and across the broader BIS organization as required.
• Demonstrated a continuous improvement mindset and deliver pro-active solutions to HR services in a more efficient and timely manner.
• Partnered with HR Operations Team and coach managers on MyHR, a self-service portal, to ensure smooth execution of HR transactions (terminations, transfers, organizational hierarchies, etc).
• HR-BP owner for 2014 Mentoring Tool, Train employees on OMD initiatives (Careers in Motion).
• Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills while interfacing with multiple levels in the organization.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects to completion while prioritizing daily HR accountabilities.
PepsiCo – Frito-Lays – Killingly, CT 1.5 years
Sr. HR Representative, Field Supply Chain
• Supported 700+ employees on various business requirements, site recruiting and staffing initiative., Developed a strong ability to recruit and hire managers and interns for the Killingly site. Staffing includes hourly, salaried for experienced, non-experienced & JMO’s.
• Site Investigation Specialist on employee relations and ‘Speak up’ initiatives.
• Facilitated roundtables, provided leadership and support several teams at the Killingly site including the Policy Team, Diversity and Inclusion Team, Site Org Health Committee.
• Partnered with FLNA Corporate associate to test the Resource calibration session.
• Participated and Assisted in Collective Bargaining/Contract Negotiations, reviewed Grievances log and provided assistance responding to key employee relations concerns. Point person for grievance hearing
• Demonstrated knowledge of Labor Relations practices, processes, and regulations
Labor Relations Training, Training on Do’s and Don’ts in Union Environment, Info session on Strike Contingency Plan
• Reviewed and Validated Wage Authority
• Promoting a healthy Labor-Management Relationship
• Trained on PepsiCo’s “Change Leadership Orientation” and “Consulting Essentials” course.
• Mentorship of interns.
• Exposure to PepsiCo Asian Network and its activities, assisted PAN Chair for 2013 event
• Multitasked PMP & Diversity & Inclusion point assignment for the Northeast region.
TYCO Fire Protection - Princeton, NJ 5 years
HR Specialist, Corporate Human Resources
• Supported 200+ employees, providing employee relations support to the management team and their staff located across the United States in 4 different client groups (Legal, Finance, Logistics and Distribution and Communications).
• Interacted directly with internal clients across the organization providing guidance and support across a broad range of issues related to every aspect of the Human Resources lifecycle (talent acquisition, on-boarding, rewards, benefits, HRIS, employee relations, and performance management).
• Lead two cross functional teams of HR, HRIS, IT personnel and external vendors to implement new and more effective recruiting management systems including HMS, HR logix and Taleo.
• Successfully maintained the HR Policy and Procedures database for link2HR, augmented the database with relevant information, initiated training to managers to complete transactions such as terminations, promotions, demotions, job reclassifications, and transfers.
• Developed and implemented OFCCP compliance work flow that resulted in avoiding costly litigation.
• Generated bi-annual report on progress that resulted in the withdrawal of non-compliance status of the Tyco Lansdale location.
• Developed and implemented E-verify focus within the organization and established contact with E-verify vendors and negotiated lower pricing to avoid costly litigation.
• Recognized as a super user and champion for Tyco Performance Management system.
• Identified as the Princeton location Champion for companywide Employee Wellness Program gaining approval to tie the initiative with healthy rewards project.
• Initiated and implemented DDI Targeted Selection / Competency-based Interview training which ensured identification and hiring of the best candidates and improved managerial interview skills.
• Supervised and conducted the leadership series that enabled rotational finance candidates to network with senior management teams.
• Conducted formal new hire orientations providing information about company benefits, management, and organizational structure.
• Mentored associates in the rotational program providing substantial guidance on career development, business skills and Tyco values.
• Interviewed and hired eligible candidates from Howard University and Rutgers University and ensured compliance to diversity and inclusion guidelines.
• Monitored global headcount tracking and attrition reporting, and ad hoc statistical analysis.
• Managed and maintained data to support divisional leadership.
Ensured brand continuity across all show materials including websites, brochures and conference materials.
• MS, Labor and Employee Relations (MLER), Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ,
• Post Graduate, Special Education, Spastic Society of India (Vidya Sagar), Chennai, India
• Master of Human Resource Management, Rajagiri School of Management, Cochin, India
• BA, Sociology, Sacred Heart College, Cochin, India BA, Sociology