Project Manager/Commercial Interior Design
30 years of experience in the Architectural, Corporate Real Estate, and Construction industries, in both Project Manager roles and Interior Designer roles, mainly focusing on mid-sized office renovations, furniture specifying and Interior Fit-outs. I have an excellent track record of working well with clients using my good communication skills, as well as being able to keep my projects on schedule and under my allotted budgets.
Key Skills & Competencies
▪ Strong client relationships and established via constant client communications.
▪ Experience coordinating project team, including: architects, general contractors, environmental service, furniture dealerships, sign vendors, security vendors, IT contractors, product reps
▪ Experience with Landlord communications & Lease analysis
▪ RFPs/RFIs, Bid leveling, Submittals
▪ Experience with Shop drawing review
▪ Contract negotiation
▪ Job Meetings & Site Visits, Meeting Minutes
▪ Design Development & CD drawing review
▪ Budget & Schedule Management
▪ FF&E Purchase Orders/tracking
▪ Project Reporting on PM software
▪ Change Order Review & Punch list maintenance
▪ Payment Requisitions & Closeout paperwork
▪ Full understanding of basebuilding systems, security, telecom, life safety, environmental, architectural and construction terminology, interior/ exterior finish and building materials
▪ Jones Lang Lasalle, Realogy Corporation Acct., CT/NY/New England/NY (current) 1 1/2 Years
▪ Realogy Corporation, Madison, NJ, Coldwell Banker Realty offices 9 Years
Project Management & Interior Design - Responsible for oversight and coordination of Capital projects in Coldwell Banker Realty offices, including Interior Fit-outs in new lease space, Renovations/Refreshes of current offices, & managing new furniture projects. Programming & specifying, utilizing current Realogy standards, hiring architects & coordinating drawings & specs with them for bid document & permit set production. Handle bidding projects to general contractors & subs, construction management & site visits, coordination of furniture installations & real estate office relocations/moves, managing project budgets & schedule, invoicing/project close-out, project reporting in Clarizen system.
▪ CB Richard Ellis, Retail Bank Renovations, Hartford, CT 6 years (1 YEAR) Project Manager on Wells Fargo Acct. doing Interior Conversion Program/Rebranding projects in CT/NY region, converting 30 Wachovia stores over to Wells Fargo within 6 month timeframe.
(5 YEARS) Project Manager on Bank of America Acct. doing Retail bank construction projects throughout the NorthEast, including Interior Fit-outs, Premier Banking office renovations, VOIP program, Capital Improvement/Infrastructure projects, such as: HVAC, roofing, flooring, teller lines, parking lots, drive-through banking porticos, etc. Aided in development of Bank of America’s ADA Program Initiative from its inception, executed projects as part of ADA Program.
▪ BKM Total Office, Aetna Account, Hartford, CT 1 year
Interior Design/Move Manager – Responsible for Move-Add-Change work and V/D coordination throughout Aetna’s Hartford campus, for end-user programming/relationships, and developing AutoCad for all moves.
▪ Nelson Associates Architects, CIGNA Account - Corp. Real Estate Dept., Bloomfield, CT 1 year
Interior Design/Construction & Move Manager - Handled CIGNA daily relocation/MAC & V/D coordination, consolidation of entire Bloomfield campus, managed large interior remodel & 9-phase move in downtown location
Interior Fit-out Project: 280 Trumbull Street, Hartford
▪ Clohessy, Harris & Kaiser Architects, Simsbury, CT 1 year
Interior Designer-Management of interiors portion of firm’s architectural projects working closely with architect, responsible for client relationship maintenance, programming, schematic design, design develop- ment, CDs on Autocad, interior finish & furniture specifying, presentations to client, product rep meetings
Corporate projects: The Hartford, Northeast Utilities, AMS Services
▪ Fletcher Thompson Architects, Hartford & Bridgeport, CT 1 year
Healthcare project: St. Vincent’s Medical Center Cat Scan Suite
Educational projects: Wilton High School Renovation, Helen Keller Elementary School Renovation
▪ DuBose Associates Architects, Hartford, CT 1 1/2 years
Corporate projects: Orion Capital
Municipal projects: City of Hartford - Louis J. Metzner Memorial Center and Hyland Recreation Center Educational projects: Loomis School Offices, University of Rhode Island Freshman Residential Village
▪ Friar Associates Architects, Farmington, CT 1 year
Assistant Interior Designer/CAD
Municipal project: State of CT Public Defender’s Office/30 Trinity St, Hartford, CT
Educational projects: John Barry Elementary School Renovation, New Britain High School Renovation
▪ H2Z Design, New Britain, CT 1 year
Healthcare projects: St. Mary's Hospital
▪ OFI Total Office Furniture Dealership 1 year
Designed Corporate interiors and specified Herman Miller systems furniture via special CAD specifying software
Volunteered to be a chaperone on several school field trips, for school events, as well as in the classroom at the schools of my 2 kids.
More recently, I signed up to be a Dog Star Rescue volunteer at their adoption events. Also have registered to become a Sandy Hook Promise Leader, to help toward the goal of eliminating gun violence in the schools.
Post University, Middlebury, CT
Bachelor of Arts, Interior Design
Boston Architectural Center, Boston, MA
Interior Design Program – 2 yrs. (no degree earned)
University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Bachelor of Science, Textile and Clothing Merchandising
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Associate degree, Fashion Buying & Merchandising
Passed the NCIDQ exam (National Certification for Interior Design Qualifications)