Seasoned professional with track record of providing superior client service and collaborating with internal/external stakeholders to achieve business objectives (both for-profit and non-profit).
Key Skills & Competencies
Strong interpersonal skills | Trusted and flexible team player | Highly efficient
Adept at handling multiple priorities under pressure | Procedure Streamlining & Process Improvement
Excellent oral and written communication skills | Editing/proofreading | Strategic and analytical thinking
Creative problem-solving | Project management
Tech skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); CRM databases (Backstop, Raiser’s Edge); Adobe products (InDesign, Photoshop) and WordPress
IVORY INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC, New York, NY
Client Service/Investor Relations Consultant (remote position) - 3-month contract
Head of Client Service - 10 years
* Managed all aspects of multibillion-dollar long/short equity firm’s client service operations for a client base comprising institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals, with peak assets under management of $4.2bn from ~600 investors.
* Served as primary liaison between firm’s marketing, accounting/operations and legal/compliance groups, as well as with firm’s third-party administrator. Worked closely with senior management, including President/COO, Head of Marketing, CFO and GC/CCO.
* Conducted 80+ operational due diligence meetings with prospective and existing investors, including domestic and international institutional consultants, funds of funds, pensions, sovereigns, endowments and foundations.
* Completed 100+ due diligence questionnaires and RFPs.
* Coordinated production, updating and distribution of marketing collateral and investor communications; maintained website content.
* Oversaw subscription/redemption process and maintenance of CRM system.
ACUMEN, New York, NY - 3.5 years
Marketing and Communications Manager
* Managed marketing and communications strategy for start-up global venture fund that contributed to raising $45mm; worked closely with CEO; managed several key foundation relationships and drafted proposals that brought in more than $3mm.
* Developed regular, detailed reporting on the progress of investments in portfolio; produced quarterly newsletters to extended community; and maintained website content.
* Supervised large-scale annual events.
LOVETT PRODUCTIONS, INC./OPTS EVENTS/WASHINGTON MUTUAL, New York, NY - 1 year
Associate Video Producer/Program Manager, Home of the FreeTM
* Coordinated student photojournalism program sponsored by Washington Mutual and The New York Historical Society, which involved 7th and 8th grade teachers and students from 75 middle schools.
* Assisted in identifying key program partners; monitored and directed school and education partner outreach; managed all communications with school and education partners.
* Collaborated with producer to develop and design four outreach and training videos for national program rollout; researched and planned location shoots; reviewed and edited story outlines, scripts and transcripts.
SHEPARDSON STERN+KAMINSKY/BILL&MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION, New York, NY - 3-month contract
Public Relations Consultant, Carter and Gates Mission to Africa
* Provided PR and logistical support for a senior delegation from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Carter Center that traveled to Africa to look at HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment efforts: delegates included Bill Gates, Sr. and former President Jimmy Carter.
NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS - 5 years
Senior Resident Program Officer – Malawi, South Africa and Ukraine
* Managed a variety of programs requiring ongoing consultations with government, political and non-governmental organization (NGO) role-players.
* Shared responsibility with program director for overall program coordination for team of six program officers in Malawi; acting program director for nine-person staff in Ukraine.
* Drafted program proposals and work plans; compiled regular program reports to organization headquarters and funding agency.
* Planned and conducted training workshops in legislative expertise, campaign skills (e.g., message development, media techniques, get-out-the-vote strategies), political party development, advocacy tactics and coalition building; developed training materials.
Previous experience in a variety of roles in legislative and campaign politics - 7 years
LEONIA BOARD OF EDUCATION, Leonia, NJ - 2.5 years
Special Needs Paraprofessional & Substitute Teacher (K-12)
* Active member of Home & School Association - 11yrs; currently co-chair, Leonia High School HSA
* Member of Board of Trustees of the Leonia Public Library 2yrs; currently secretary
* Extensive volunteer work with local initiatives such as 2020 Census Team and Leonia Cares
* Community Liaison for non-partisan 2020 Voting Information Dissemination
M.A. (degree pending completion of additional coursework), TUFTS UNIVERSITY, FLETCHER SCHOOL OF LAW AND DIPLOMACY, Medford, MA
B.A., UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, International Relations, Philadelphia, PA