Marketing & Business Development
As a self-starter, strategic thinker, and can-do team player, I thrive in new environments where I can learn and make a difference. I bring an acute attention to detail and strong organization and communication skills to my work. With an inclusive mindset and a diverse background to draw upon - from a decade in the corporate and non-profit health care sector building networks and expanding patient access, to designing programming, marketing, events and campaigns for community organizations and small business - I’m truly happiest in creative, connected spaces bringing new ideas to life while working with individuals who care about people and their quality of work.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Proven sales, business development and closing experience as a seasoned client relations professional.
• Project management expertise exercising organizational strength, responsive and detail-oriented nature.
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality with ability to influence others in a collaborative manner. An advocate for others.
• Skilled communicator, both written and oral (storytelling and presenting). Relationship builder and effective communicator able to negotiate effectively.
• Digital Marketing, social media, web design and creation (content, graphics, video) experience with tools such as Canva, Squarespace, GoDaddy.
• Proficient in Office 365, Google and Quickbooks.
Non-profit Medicaid-only health maintenance organization had 140,00 members (www.keystonefirstpa.com.)
• Completed a feasibility study for a joint venture and expansion into Connecticut.
• Negotiated a joint venture partnership with ConnectiCare and hospital systems.
• Evaluated market opportunities in Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, and Florida.
Developed relationships with stakeholders in six hospitals, 34 clinics and 1,000 ancillary providers, including Kaiser.
Director of Managed Care, MedBridge (Manor Healthcare), King of Prussia, PA
Sub-acute (step down from traditional hospital setting) rehab provider.
• Established pricing models for services - working to align corporate strategies.
• Developed contractual relationships for high-acuity services with insurers.
• Collaborated with facility-based marketing staff in developing marketing plans.
• Designed marketing materials to increase MedBridge referrals.
Contract Manager, Bridgeway/Qual-Med Plans for Health, Oakland, CA
• Facilitated provider relations and negotiated contracts.
• Expanded provider networks into new counties.
• Monitored plan operations, provider compliance, and risk pool/budget outcomes.
• Developed stop-loss cost estimation models to assess medical loss ratios, effective stop-loss provisions, and preferred contract structures.
• Played a lead role merger of contracting departments with Qual-Med including a role on the company-wide merger task force.
Hartford Stage – Hartford, CT
- Education Council | A committee to the Board, helped develop the Stage’s education programs and supported staff in marketing programs.
- Annual Gala Committee Member |Supported the Stage’s largest fundraiser multiple years raising 200K per year.
School of the Performing Arts in the Richmond Community (SPARC), Richmond, VA
- Volunteer - Served on the marketing committee for SPARC LIVE ART, analyzed outcomes, explored program replication models, and worked events.
Tootin’ Hills School, Simsbury, CT
- Co-Chair of Community Project Outreach -Coordinated food donation for Immacare, a shelter.
- Founder and Co-Chair, Take Action Club - Established the school’s first social justice club in affiliation with WE.org. Efforts led to student leaders awarded an invitation to an “Evening of Champions” and a national WE DAY in Toronto.
- Co-Chair of Parent/Teacher Committee - Coordinated the school-wide room parent program with teachers and volunteers. Redesigned new program guidelines, forms, and processes in 2011.
Unified Theater – Hartford, CT
- Board Member - Helped develop a model for the first affiliate relationship with Hartford Stage and later supported the organization during a leadership transition from Founder to new CEO.
Jason Mraz Tour in Hartford, CT
Event Coordinator – Led planning of publicity and community service event with Jason, volunteers, and representatives from REVERB, Atlantic Records, 96.5 WTIC, and Channel 3 News
Yale School of Management
Executive Education Program
Women's Leadership Certificate
Simmons University, Boston, MA
B.A. Majoring in Economics
American University, Washington DC
Economics Policy Exchange Program & Internship at the U.S. Dept of Housing & Urban Development