Marketing & Business Development
As a self-starter, strategic thinker, and can-do team player, I thrive in new environments where I can learn and make a difference. I bring an acute attention to detail and strong organization and communication skills to my work. With an inclusive mindset and a diverse background to draw upon - from a decade in the corporate and non-profit health care sector building networks and expanding patient access, to designing programming, marketing, events and campaigns for community organizations and small business - I’m truly happiest in creative, connected spaces bringing new ideas to life while working with individuals who care about people and their quality of work.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Proven sales, business development, and closing experience as a client relations professional.
• Project management expertise exercising organizational strength, responsive, and detail-oriented nature.
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality with ability to influence others in a collaborative manner.
• Skilled communicator, both written and oral (storytelling and presenting).
• Relationship builder, advocate, and effective communicator with conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Business strategist with program development and implementation expertise.
• Digital Marketing, social media, web design and creation (content, graphics, video) experience with tools such as Canva, Squarespace, GoDaddy.
• Proficient in Office 365, Google, SLACK, and QuickBooks.
Business Strategist & Project Manager
Mraz & Company, Richmond, VA | 2 years, current
Boutique creative agency advancing community oriented, mission-driven programs and projects to new levels.
• Led mission and values work in conjunction with coordinating entity’s website redesign.
• Delivered event strategy, planning and production of a 3-day executive women’s conference at the Pendry Hotel in Baltimore in September 2022.
• Performed marketing and legacy work with an award-winning American composer.
• Crafted mission and storytelling project work for client: BeanZ & Co., an inclusive employer.
• Negotiated and designed partnership, educational program and lyrics writing contest benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs, a national non-profit serving over 4 million young people across 5,000 Clubs.
Founder and Executive Director
CT Inclusive Arts, Canton, CT | 4 years
Pioneering inclusive performing and visual arts program.
• Championed launch, acquiring fiscal sponsorship (Fractured Atlas) and recruited Artistic Advisory and Steering Committee for non-profit start-up.
• Designed marketing, branding, and fundraising strategies.
• Landed partnerships with Hartford Stage, The American School for the Deaf, The Ethel Walker School, Conard High School The Dance Collective, Grace Academy, and others.
• Secured grants from the CT Office of the Arts and the Greater Hartford Arts Council , ~$30K
• Recruited, hired and managed publicist, 10 teaching artists, and dozens of volunteers.
• Ran successful pilot, delivered full program with three main classes and additional specialty classes.
• Converted the live culminating performance to an online tribute and offered virtual experience to accommodate COVID.
• Created organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
Blueprint Parenting, Simsbury, CT | 5 years
Parenting and childhood development consultancy providing services for special needs.
• Launched successful services business as an Independent Facilitator of positive parenting techniques.
• Offered 1:1 private coaching, group instruction and community presentations.
• Crafted business plan, created a website, designed advertising, and developed internal systems.
• Sold to organizations and individuals to grow audiences.
• Facilitated two different curricula in classes with up to 15 parents per session.
• Presented workshops to community groups (e.g. libraries and school groups).
Director of Member and Provider Services
San Francisco Health Plan, San Francisco, CA | 3 years
Leading quasi-public/private not-for-profit health plan start-up.
• Led design and established operations and systems related to enrollment, member services, provider relations and quality improvement.
• Designed marketing and member and provider policy and procedure documents.
• Hired, mentored, and managed a diverse multi-lingual staff of ten.
• Responsible for relationships with stakeholders in six hospitals, 34 clinics and 1,000 ancillary providers, including Kaiser.
Director of Market Expansion & Planning
Keystone Mercy Health Plan, Philadelphia, PA | 1 year
140,000 member-strong non-profit health maintenance organization.
• Completed a feasibility study for a joint venture and expansion into Connecticut.
• Negotiated a joint venture partnership with ConnectiCare and hospital systems.
• Evaluated market opportunities in Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, and Florida.
Director of Managed Care
MedBridge (Manor Healthcare), King of Prussia, PA | 1 year
Provider of sub-acute rehab transitioning patients from hospital to rehabilitation settings.
• Established pricing models for services that aligned with corporate strategies.
• Developed contractual relationships for high-acuity services with insurers.
• Collaborated with facility-based marketing staff in developing marketing plans.
• Designed marketing materials to increase referrals.
Bridgeway/Qual-Med Plans for Health, Oakland, CA | 2 years
Led merger of departments within the enterprise-wide merger task force between the two companies.
• Facilitated provider relations and negotiated contracts.
• Expanded provider networks into new counties.
• Monitored plan operations, provider compliance, and risk pool/budget outcomes.
• Developed stop-loss cost estimation models to assess medical loss ratios, effective stop-loss provisions, and preferred contract structures.
Member, The Hartford Stage, Hartford, CT (7 years)
Education Council Member- Contributed to education program development, e.g. sensory friendly mainstage performance, absorbing Hartford Children’s Theater, and supported marketing efforts.
Annual Gala Committee Member- Supported largest fundraiser raising $200K per year.
Live Art Volunteer, SPARC, Richmond, VA (7 years)
Served on SPARC’s Live Art program marketing committee, analyzed outcomes, explored program replication models, and worked events that hosted over 3,000 patrons featuring national recording artists and hundreds of young performers with and without disabilities.
Volunteer, Tootin’ Hills School, Simsbury, CT (6 years)
Co-Chair of Community Project Outreach - Coordinated the school’s weekly sandwich making for Immacare, a Hartford shelter.
Founder and Co-Chair, Take Action Club - Established the school’s first social justice club in affiliation with WE.org. Efforts led to 12 student leaders being awarded an invitation to an “Evening of Champions” and a national WE DAY in Toronto. Raised 10K to build a school in Ecuador with WE Schools and more.
Co-Chair of Parent/Teacher Committee - Coordinated the school-wide room parent program with teachers and volunteers. Redesigned new program guidelines, forms, and processes.
Board Member, Unified Theater, Hartford, CT (2 years)
Developed a model for the first affiliate relationship with Hartford Stage and later supported the organization during a leadership transition from Founder to new CEO.
Event Coordinator, Jason Mraz Tour Tree Planting Event, Hartford, CT
Led planning of publicity and community service event with popular celebrity, volunteers, and representatives from REVERB, Atlantic Records, 96.5 WTIC, and Channel 3 News
Women's Leadership Certificate, Yale School of Management, YALE University, New Haven, CT
B.A. Majoring in Economics, Simmons University, Boston, MA
Economics Policy Exchange Program, American University, Washington DC
Internship, U.S. Dept of Housing & Urban Development
Independent Facilitator, Love and Logic® Institute, Denver, Colorado