Financial Planning and Analysis
Finance leader with a proven ability to lead Planning and Analysis teams that incorporates all the complexities that go into your business in a simplified way so your leadership can make data-driven decisions to achieve your strategic priorities in the short term and long term.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Financial Planning and Analysis
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Cost Reduction
• Revenue Generation
• Executive Communication
• Financial Modeling
• Team Management
• Relationship Development
• Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, and other reporting / financial software
Prudential – Workplace Solutions, Hartford, CT, 3 years
Vice President, Business Intelligence
• Built and led the business intelligence and data analytics function for the organization, developing and implementing data-driven insights and recommendations to support business growth.
• Collaborated cross-functionally with Product, Distribution, IT, and other teams to develop and maintain advanced data analytics and reporting systems, enabling real-time insights into key business metrics and trends used to identify and prioritize business opportunities.
• Built and managed a high-performing team of data analysts, and data engineers, providing mentorship and professional development opportunities to enhance team capabilities.
• Improved organizational performance resulting in a 12% increase in gross deposits through the implementation of data-driven strategies and initiatives.
Prudential - Retirement Hartford, CT, 6 years
Director, Planning & Analysis
• Directly responsible for the financial planning and analysis function for the Retirement business, including the development of budgets, forecasting, and financial modeling in an increasingly complex and high-growth business.
• Oversaw the development and execution of executive presentations and ad hoc requests used to guide strategic discussions and recommendations.
• Collaborated cross-functionally with Finance, Accounting, Actuarial, and Investor Relations on the preparation of financial statements, annual reports, and other regulatory filings, ensuring compliance with all accounting standards and regulations.
• Partnered cross-functionally to improve financial performance by 174% through the support of revenue-generating initiatives, cost-saving measures, and efficient management of financial resources while maintaining optimal capital position.
• Built and managed a high-performing finance team, providing mentorship and professional development opportunities to enhance team capabilities while driving efficiencies.
Prudential – Full Service Hartford, CT, 3 years
Financial Analyst, Pricing
• Conducted underwriting analysis of defined contribution, defined benefit, and non-qualified plans to assess risk and determine pricing strategies.
• Collaborated with Distribution to develop proposals and recommendations for clients through the analysis of plan designs, participant demographics, and historical experience.
• Utilized actuarial tools and software to perform complex calculations and modeling.
Prudential – Full Service Hartford, CT 3 years
• Provided consultative support to participants to ease concerns during extreme market fluctuations, including ensuring investment selection was aligned appropriately and providing education on market cycles, investment risks, and company financial health.
• Passed and held in good standing Series 7, 66, Life and Health licenses.
Glastonbury Hartwell Soccer – Head Coach
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Cum Laude
Concentration: Finance Minor: Legal Studies