Marketing & Business Development
Business Development and Client Relations Professional with experience in Marketing, Health Care and Non-profit Sectors. Ability to garner interest of others, a self-starter that brings strategic thinking and a can-do attitude to any environment. Happiest in creative, connected spaces bringing new ideas to life while working with individuals who care about people and their quality of work.
Key Skills & Competencies
Outgoing and enthusiastic
Sincere, Diligent and detail-oriented, Responsive and conscientious
Adept problem solver
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent written and presentation skills
Proven business development and project management expertise
Well-versed in business & marketing strategy
Digital, marketing, web and production competencies
Video production and storytelling expertise
Adept event planner
Seasoned client relations professional
Accomplished advocate for inclusion (DEIB)
Financially literate and comfortable with budgeting (Quickbooks)
Comfortable with social media, content creation and design (Canva)
Web design experience (Squarespace, GoDaddy)
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Google platforms
Business Development & Strategy Consultant, Mraz & Company, Richmond, VA
In May 2021, I joined Mraz & Company, (M&C) an agency comprised of marketing, event, business strategy, and development professionals with expertise in advancing community oriented, mission driven, creative organizations to new levels. Work to date has included:
• Mission & values work in conjunction with coordinating M&C’s website redesign.
• Event strategy, planning and production of a 3-day executive women’s conference.
• Marketing and legacy work with an award-winning American composer.
• Mission and storytelling project work for BeanZ & Co., an inclusive employer.
• Program design for a national non-profit organization for underserved youth.
Founder and Executive Director, CT Inclusive Arts, Canton, CT
In mid 2018, I cultivated an advisory committee of local performing arts and development professionals and established CT Inclusive Arts, LLC with 501(c)3 fiscal sponsorship via Fractured Atlas. Our mission was to profoundly influence youth of all abilities and the greater Hartford community through an innovative and inclusive performing and visual arts program that culminated in a major public performance. I championed this effort with an Artistic Advisory and Steering Committee and:
• Secured partnerships with Hartford Stage, The American School for the Deaf, The Ethel Walker School, Conard High, The Dance Collective, Grace Academy, and others.
• Designed marketing, brand, and fundraising strategies, hired a publicist and more.
• Created organizational policies and procedures and systems.
• Applied for and secured grants from the CT Office of the Arts (20K) and the Greater Hartford Arts Council (7K) and hosted other successful fund-raising initiatives.
• Hired and managed 10 teaching artists and recruited dozens of volunteers.
• After a successful pilot program in early 2019, we launched our full program with three main classes plus additional specialty classes that ran late 2019 through March 2020.
Our production, that included over 100 participants and musicians, was scheduled for March 21, 2020, at the Roberts Theater was cancelled due to COVID. In response, we offered virtual programming and an in-person series in August 2021 before ending our offerings due to economic and environmental constraints. See: www.ctinclusivearts.org
Business Owner, Blueprint Parenting, Simsbury, CT
In 2001, I completed the Becoming a Love and Logic Parent® training which began a semi-formal study on parenting, childhood development and meeting special needs. After completing the Parenting with Love and Logic® Institute's Facilitator Training Program in Denver, Colorado, (see www.loveandlogic.com) I established my business and:
• Created a website, designed advertising, business plans, and internal systems.
• Facilitated two different curricula in classes with up to 15 parents per session.
• Presented workshops to community groups (e.g. libraries and school groups).
• Offered one-on-one private coaching.
I grew this business over five years with great success and impact before pursuing new opportunities and community service work as my interests and ambitions evolved.
Director of Member and Provider Services, San Francisco Health Plan, San Francisco, CA
I was the second of five senior staff members hired at this start-up health plan. Operations began in January 1997 when California converted 20,000 Medicaid members into this quasi-public/private not-for-profit health plan that competed with Blue Cross Blue Shield in San Francisco County. See: www.sfhp.org. In this role I:
• Led the design and established operations and systems related to enrollment, member services, provider relations and quality improvement.
• Designed marketing and member and provider policy and procedure documents.
• Hired, mentored, and managed a diverse multi-lingual staff of ten.
• Was responsible for relationships with stakeholders in six hospitals, 34 clinics and 1,000 ancillary providers, including Kaiser.
Director of Market Expansion & Planning, Keystone Mercy Health Plan, Philadelphia, PA
This non-profit Medicaid-only health maintenance organization had 140,00 members in 1994. (Now www.keystonefirstpa.com.) During this time, I:
• Completed a feasibility study for a joint venture and expansion into Connecticut.
• Negotiated a joint venture partnership with ConnectiCare and hospital systems.
• Evaluated market opportunities in Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, and Florida.
I left this position to relocate back to San Francisco.
Director of Managed Care, MedBridge (Manor Healthcare), King of Prussia, PA
MedBridge offered sub-acute (step down) rehab from traditional hospital and rehabilitation settings. In this role I:
• Established pricing models for services - working to align corporate strategies.
• Developed contractual relationships for high-acuity services with insurers.
• Collaborated with facility-based marketing staff in developing marketing plans.
• Designed marketing materials to increase MedBridge referrals.
Contract Manager, Bridgeway/Qual-Med Plans for Health, Oakland, CA
Formerly known as Bridgeway Plan for Health in San Francisco, in this role I:
• Facilitated provider relations and negotiated contracts.
• Expanded provider networks into new counties.
• Monitored plan operations, provider compliance, and risk pool/budget outcomes.
• Developed stop-loss cost estimation models to assess medical loss ratios, effective stop-loss provisions, and preferred contract structures.
• Played a lead role in the 1992 merger of contracting departments with Qual-Med including a role on the company-wide merger task force.
Hartford Stage – Hartford, CT Education Council - 2012 - 2019
A committee to the Board, helped develop the Stage’s education programs and supported staff in marketing programs.
Annual Gala Committee Member
2013 - 2015
Supported the Stage’s largest fundraiser multiple years raising 200K per year.
School of the Performing Arts in the Richmond Community, Richmond, VA
(SPARC) LIVE ART Volunteer
June 2012 – July 2019
Served on the marketing committee, analyzed outcomes, explored program replication models, and worked events. This program and work inspired the creation of CT Inclusive Arts in 2018.
Tootin’ Hills School, Simsbury, CT
Co-Chair of Community Project Outreach
Sept 2013 – June 2015
Coordinated the school’s weekly sandwich making for Immacare, a Hartford shelter.
Founder and Co-Chair, Take Action Club July 2013 – June 2015
Established the school’s first social justice club in affiliation with WE.org. Efforts led to student leaders awarded an invitation to an “Evening of Champions” and a national WE DAY in October 2014 in Toronto.
Co-Chair of Parent/Teacher Committee
July 2009 – June 2012
Coordinated the school-wide room parent program with teachers and volunteers. Redesigned new program guidelines, forms, and processes in 2011.
Unified Theater – Hartford, CT
Board Member – June 2012 - 2014
Helped develop a model for the first affiliate relationship with Hartford Stage and later supported the organization during a leadership transition from Founder to new CEO.
Jason Mraz Tour in Hartford, CT
Event Coordinator – July – Sept 2012
Led planning of publicity and community service event with Jason, volunteers, and representatives from REVERB, Atlantic Records, 96.5 WTIC, and Channel 3 News
Yale School of Management
Executive Education Program
Women's Leadership Certificate
Simmons University, Boston, MA
B.A. Majoring in Economics
American University, Washington DC
Economics Policy Exchange Program & Internship at the U.S. Dept of Housing & Urban Development