Brand Marketing & Communications
As an accomplished marketing and communication executive with 20 plus years of experience, I am dedicated to helping companies build the marketing muscle needed to drive impact. With a focus on customer-centricity, talent development, data analysis, and technology adoption, I build, lead, and mentor high-performing teams focused on generating brand affinity, audience engagement, and bottom-line results. Drawing on my deep understanding of customer psychology, I create effective multi-channel brand campaigns yielding tangible business outcomes. Whether repositioning brands, serving as a strategic advisor to C-level executives, or building modern digital ecosystems, I am committed to inspiring creativity, challenging the status quo, and making positive change.
Key Skills & Competencies
Hard Skills: Brand Marketing Strategy | Brand Development | Brand Messaging | Brand Positioning | Communications Strategy | Website Management | SEO | Audience Research | Data Analysis | Content Strategy | Social Media | Written Communication | Verbal Communication | Project Management
Soft Skills: Leadership | Mentorship | Critical thinking | Clear Communication | Collaboration | Teamwork | Dependability | Adaptability | Problem-Solving | Multitasking | Open-Mindedness| Curiosity | Listening | Self-Motivated | Diplomatic | Empathetic | Get-it-Done Attitude
Technology Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) | Slack | Asana | Trello | Google Analytics | Cision | HubSpot | Crazy Egg | Webflow | Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Nomad Marketing Group, Marketing Communications Consultant (Current)
• Brand marketer (consultant, interim, fractional) for various companies and non-profit organizations with expertise in company and executive branding.
• Provide strategic counsel and program implementation with a focus on corporate brand messaging, executive personal branding, content development, public relations, digital marketing, industry speaking engagements, events, and influencer collaborations.
Shift Media, VP of Brand Marketing (1 year)
• Serving on the Executive Leadership Team of a private equity owned video SaaS company, contributed $3M in revenue in 1 year through strategic brand and growth marketing programs.
• Oversaw $2M annual budget and built and mentored multi-disciplinary team of 10 direct reports and consultants.
• Leveraging customer insights and competitive data, boosted monthly web traffic by 25% through new brand strategy, including personas, positioning, messaging, UVPs, and brand guidelines.
• Increased quarterly lead conversions by 22% with redesign of 3 websites and 6 social platforms.
• Achieved 93% customer retention during platform transition with integrated communications plan, including executive communications, emails, pillar web pages, sales collateral, and newsletters.
• Influenced $2M in revenue and secured 2 case studies through Client Advisory Board meeting.
• Ran first-ever account-based marketing campaign with customized content, emails, direct mail offers, and paid social, winning 3 new accounts totaling $1.8M in revenue
BlueCrest, Head of Global Digital & Brand Marketing (2 years)
• Recruited by CMO to launch new Enterprise SaaS, hardware solutions, and professional services company after sale of Pitney Bowes’ division to a private-equity firm.
• Oversaw $1M annual budget and indirectly supported $400M in annual revenue.
• Created marketing function, hired, and mentored team of 7.
• Launched new brand, website, and eCommerce platform in 90 days.
Pitney Bowes, Senior Enterprise Digital Marketing Leader (4 years)
• Contributed $1.2M in incremental annual revenue for Enterprise SaaS and hardware solutions division through top-of-funnel content journey, digital platform transformation, demand generation and social media campaigns.
• Migrated 12 websites to new content management system (CMS) in one year improving user experience on US site by 46%.
Gove Communications, Marketing Communications Consultant (6 years)
• Provided strategic counsel and program implementation to companies, executives, and not-for-profit organizations.
• Clients: Rémy Cointreau, Double Cross Vodka, Blue Chair Bay Rum, Cognac Ferrand, Bowmore Scotch Whisky, Plantation Rum, Citadelle Gin, Pinkberry, Gillette Venus, Maclaren, Saks Fifth Avenue, SeriousFun Children’s Network, Waterkeeper Alliance, Marina Maher Communications (MMC), Savona Communications, 360PR+
Jose Cuervo, Senior Director, Global Public Relations (6 years)
• Recruited by CEO to build in-house global communications function for 3 Tequila portfolios.
• Oversaw $8M budget, supervised 6 direct reports and 5 agencies, and led 25 brand PR programs.
• Managed brand, corporate, executive, and crisis communications serving as primary spokesperson.
Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County - Chair, Communications Committee
Bachelor of Arts (BS), American Studies, Colby College