Corporate Attorney with natural problem solving abilities and robust technology experience. Expertise in emerging market products that provide key B2B services.
Key Skills & Competencies
Negotiation | Master Services Agreements | Enterprise Services | Technology | Contract Creation & Review | Client Relationship Building | M&A | Compliance
VERIZON BUSINESS, RYE BROOK, NY
ASSOCIATE COUNSEL III - 2 years
• Assisted the global southeast sales management team with the negotiation of master services agreements and addendums for telecommunications and Internet services and provided legal advice to successfully grow and maintain relationships with numerous Fortune 500 companies located in Florida and Georgia. ($75 million in annual revenue.)
• Worked with product management team to develop streamlined terms and conditions for the sale of web hosting services.
• Key legal department contact for web hosting sales globally including training other attorneys on legal issues related to web hosting.
UUNET TECHNOLOGIES, INC., PURCHASE, NY
ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL - 3.5 years
• Partnered with senior management to negotiate and maintain all aspects of relationship with primary client, concerning Internet backbone and related services in U.S., Europe, and Asia. Managed outside audit of client’s compliance with contractual commitments. (The client generated over $1 billion in annual revenue.)
• Addressed legal issues related to web hosting services with product management team. Negotiated varied agreements in the development and enhancement of web hosting services. Trained legal department personnel on web hosting legal issues. Developed sales contracts and advised contract analysts and attorneys during customer contract negotiations.
• Managed a group of contract analysts. Provided legal and business advice on contract and customer satisfaction elements of service performance and contact cancellation matters.
ANS COMMUNICATIONS, INC. (merged with UUNET)
ATTORNEY - 2 years
• Created and negotiated standard and customized Internet services agreements for the company’s various service offerings. ($30-50 million in annual revenue.)
• Negotiated software licenses, software maintenance agreements, domestic and international telecommunications service agreements, equipment leases, nondisclosure agreements, and consulting agreements.
• Worked with employees and outside counsel to satisfactorily address and manage regulatory and contractual issues involved with the company’s proposed international expansion.
• Assisted in the analysis of issues and the preparation of supporting materials associated with the sale of the company.
Board positions for children's schools. Girl Scout Troop Leader developing leaders in our future generation. Volunteer for Project Adventure: belaying students in a ropes and obstacle course encouraging communication and teamwork. Experiential Learning Curriculum Director for children during 2500 mile sailing venture Caribbean Islands.
NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL, New York, NY
J.D., magna cum laude, GPA 3.5
Articles Editor, New York Law School Law Review
Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Torts
HAMILTON COLLEGE, Clinton, NY
Honors: Awarded distinction on Senior Thesis
NESCAC Women’s Track & Field
BAR ADMISSIONS: NEW YORK AND CONNECTICUT
Avid Sailor - Successfully completed a two-person 30k mile circumnavigation (round the world) on a 41-foot sailboat.