DATA SCIENTIST & BUSINESS / SYSTEMS ANALYST
Results-oriented STEM professional (MS in computer science) with broad-based analysis and programming experience. Experience bringing technical, managerial, and leadership skills to school, community and non-profit initiatives.
As a dedicated analyst uses analytical, and problem-solving skills for financial and data analytics and reporting.
Effective communicator and leader, with strong organizational, project management and technical skills. Strong work ethic, embracing ownership and commitment to achieving results. Secret Security Clearance holder.
Key Skills & Competencies
Financial Reporting and Analysis, Data Analysis, Database Programming,
Data Mining & Pattern Recognition, Predictive Analysis Machine Learning,
Automation and integration. Financial Mathematics, Statistics & Probability,
Teaching, coaching & tutoring, MS Visual Basic/Excel/Access/VBA, SQL and Python
Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, Chapter Next (Returnship), Mount Laurel, NJ | 4 months
SYSTEMS SIMULATION ANALYST
• Generated performance briefs and performed data analysis in Agile development environment.
• Performed comparison analysis and developed GRID/Tableau Dashboard using Python, Matlab, Tableau.
IBM, Tech ReEntry Program, Poughkeepsie, NY | 3 months
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
• Migrated a legacy software build system to a modern automated DevOps Environment as part of an Agile team.
• Applied advanced tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Python.
Odyssey America Reinsurance Corporation, Stamford, CT | 1year
• Verified various reserving exhibits and financial reports to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Automated allocation for company’s environmental liability reserve.
Zurich North America, Global Energy Group, New York, NY | 1 year
• Produced monthly rate change reports for several commercial lines of business such as Auto Liability, General Liability and Umbrella. Applied data mining and analysis.
• Expanded and enhanced existing Rate Monitoring reports. Turned data into valuable information.
• Provided on-demand technical support to underwriting, accounting, claims and reinsurance groups through data extraction, actuarial analysis, and ad hoc reporting.
Berkshire Hathaway Group, Reinsurance Division, Stamford, CT | 1 year
• Evaluated various aspects of annuity contracts. Calculated the required reserves and analyzed the cash flows of annuities and life insurance contracts.
• Performed sensitivity tests on reserves and cash flows by varying the actuarial assumptions and by using stochastic simulation. Coded and automated the simulation methodology in VBA.
JobDirect.com / EmployeeMatters.com, Stamford, CT | 1 year
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
• Maintained the website to ensure its bug-free and smooth functioning.
• Proposed and implemented new features for website. Fixed bugs, resolved technical issues and updated database per customer help desk’s request. Provided technical support to Client Service and Sales groups.
Reuters, Database Technology Group, Stamford, CT | 3 years
• Generated replication functions and test harnesses to ensure that Equity and Warrant Analytics Libraries were both compliant and “Euro-ready”.
• Implemented Currency Converter for Treasury 3000 Government Bond Trader Workbook.
• Created library routines to parse and retrieve Collateralized Mortgage Obligation download data.
Toastmasters Club, Stamford, CT
Produce and manage local toastmasters club’s accounts and finances.
Westhill High School Stamford, CT
Provide academic support to students leading subject specific study groups and acting as role model for students in Advancement via Individual Determination (AVID) program.
Westhill High School Scholarship Committee Stamford, CT
Match seniors with potential scholarships. Won Honorable Mention at 16th Annual Stamford Volunteer Day Awards Ceremony.
Westhill High School Governance Council Stamford, CT
Served as an advisory board dedicated to improving student achievements and helping school principal lead.
U.S. Census Bureau Bridgeport, CT
Conducted interviews with residents in assigned areas. Explained purpose of census interview, elicited information following a script, and recorded census data on forms.
Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA-FC) Fairfield County, CT
Advanced social, political and economic well-being of community.
Scofield Magnet Middle School & Turn of River Middle School Stamford, CT
Assistant Coach of MATHCOUNTS Team
Managed after-school program to help students to prepare for MATHCOUNTS competition.
Chinese Language School of Fairfield County Stamford, CT
Taught Mandarin Chinese to children 6-8 years old.
Stamford Public Schools Stamford, CT
Designed course syllabi and implemented lesson plans. Taught different grade levels and subject areas.
Master of Science Degree, Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NY
Bachelor of Science Degree with distinction, Electrical Engineering, Cornell University Ithaca, NY
Geophysics, Peking University Beijing, P.R. China