Marketing and sales leader with program management expertise and progressive leadership experience in the employee benefits, long term care, health care and investment industries. Highly successful at growing revenues by leveraging opportunities to reinvigorate brands, launch new initiatives and generate marketing buzz. Extensive professional and personal experience in meeting the long-term care health care and caregiving needs of seniors. A fervent believer in "being in community with others" as an essential element of well being, I want to help guide seniors and their families to life plan communities where they can be actively engaged and have access to quality medical care as necessary.
Key Skills & Competencies
Market & Business Analyses
Forward & Strategic Thinking
Positioning & Messaging
Client Acquisition, Engagement, Retention
Collaboration X-Team, X-Function
Long-Term Relationship Building
Client/Trade/ BOD Presentations
Business Case Recommendations
Productive Benefits, LLC − Manchester, CT
Marketing Executive (3 years)
Evaluated business partnership opportunities for this start-up benefits consulting business focused on long term care insurance, caregiving and healthy aging.
Leadership Greater Hartford, Inc., Hartford, CT (4 months)
• Analyzed Consulting & Training business to identify income expansion opportunities that contributed to a 58% growth in business over the next five years.
• Identified opportunities for program design, positioning, messaging, pricing, and target marketing for a signature community leadership program, increasing enrollment to full subscription and growing revenue by 10% the following program year.
Aetna, Inc. − Hartford, CT
Head of National Accounts Marketing (6 months)
• Led effort that secured $2 million of funds critically needed to invest in interactive technologies to improve consumer engagement in health benefits enrollment process to improve enrollment results and grow revenue.
• Guided stakeholders through message development exercises to refine the value proposition and key messaging for Medicare Advantage offering. Created sales presentations and related collateral to kickoff new sales season.
• Developed 3-year strategic marketing and communications plan aligned with sales priorities and customer opportunities. Managed and coached a 3-person staff.
Product Head, Group Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance (6 years)
• Grew new customer revenues by 43% over 3 years by executing a comprehensive growth strategy to achieve competitive differentiation by closely aligning long term care insurance to healthcare events.
• Increased share of wallet by 61% among 23 large account customers over 12 months using target marketing to existing Aetna customers.
• Successfully retained customer accounts representing 30% and 40%, respectively, of business revenues in two different years by personally maintaining relationships with customers and their intermediaries and by leading the development of solutions tailored for mutual benefit.
• While maximizing revenue of existing products, extensively investigated opportunities for additional business growth through strategic partnership and/or product innovation.
• Led a team of 8 direct reports, more than 25 indirect reports and other company-wide stakeholders through unprecedented organizational growth and change.
Head of Marketing, Group Insurance (4 Years)
• Managed brand, messaging, creative development and account management for multiple product lines; developed marketing campaigns; planned advertising and promotions; and directed the development of all collateral for print, web and RFP platforms. Personally presented at industry conferences and large account finals presentations.
• Led division-wide initiatives to improve B2C marketing techniques in the benefits enrollment process, resulting in a $24 million increase in revenue over a 3-year period.
• Partnered closely with sales management in all sales related events, campaigns, product launches and training.
CIGNA CORPORATION − Philadelphia, PA
AVP, Marketing, Property & Casualty Division (2 years)
- Guided research projects to identify profitable customer segments and customer buying processes for new insurance venture. Formulated national marketing and distribution strategy. Named "1992 Corporate Member of the Year" by trade association partner in recognition of collaborative marketing activities.
• Generated 30% increase in leads from trade group marketing partnership by proactively responding to brand perceptions and opportunities.
CIGNA Corporation, Hartford, CT
AVP, Senior Product Manager, Investment Division (5 years)
• Co-managed and drove high profile, 3-year turnaround of a mature pension investment product in liquidity crisis, successfully elevating brand to "industry leader" status.
• Prepared strategic risk assessment and funding proposal that raised corporate investment funds of $150 million to support strategy execution for troubled product.
• Developed strategic relationships with thought-leading customers who were major institutions, cultivating strong brand advocates whose influence impelled successful negotiations involving 150 customers. • Launched five new investment products that raised $400 million. Managed all aspects of the cross functional product development process, product life cycle and sales support and programming. • Wrote investment reports and other client communications. Established/ managed a client advisory board.
Literacy & Math Tutor, West Hartford Public Schools and Hartford Public Schools
Elder, Asylum Hill Congregational Church, active on many committees as a chairperson or member
MBA, Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
BS, Resource Economics & Community Development, University of New Hampshire
Certificate, Senior Living Management, Cornell University (March 2021 completion date)
Fellow, Encore!Hartford, University of Connecticut and Leadership Greater Hartford (a Nonprofit Leadership & Skill Transition Program)