Educator / Trainer
I am a professional passionate about technology, sports, and lifelong learning. I currently share these passions with my elementary aged students. In my classroom, students use technology to create, problem solve, share and build relationships. I emphasize creation over consumption. I have organized, improved resources and assisted in decision making processes for my district's Educational Technology department.
Through independent research and social media presence, I have gained a tremendous amount of resources to enhance our curriculum in which I share with my colleagues weekly. I have provided professional development both formally and informally for many educators on a variety of technology applications. I have also created videos to showcase whole school events for parents and community members to appreciate.
I am seeking opportunities where I can share my enthusiasm, expertise, and passion for technology applications.
Key Skills & Competencies
Teaching | Communicating | Engaging Learners | Presentation Skills | Maintain data in a Learning Management System | Managing & Adapting to varied learning styles and personalities
Soft skills: Problem Solver, Goal-Oriented, Organized, Collaborative, Continuous Learner, Reflective, Positive Attitude, Multitasker
Tech skills: Systems Administrator on EDTech accounts | Proficient-to-Master of several computer applications: G Suite | Microsoft Office Suite | Docs/Word | Slides/PowerPoint | Sheets/Excel | Gmail | Google Meet | Seesaw
Elementary Educational Technology Teacher | 7 years
Work collaboratively to design lessons related to Digital Citizenship and Computer Science.
• Implement units of study on Digital Citizenship and Computer Science to K-4 grade students.
• Created and provided Professional Development on a variety of Technology resources such as Google Classroom, Google Meet, Sheets, Docs, and Seesaw.
• Organized and distributed school Chromebooks for grade K each school year at multiple locations.
• Maintain data sets, provide user permissions, and oversee analytics/trends in use as Systems Administrator of educational technology tools.
Elementary Classroom Teacher | 7 years
Implemented ELA and Math CCSS units with fidelity.
• Used resources such as Schoology, Thinkcentral, and Google Apps to access curriculum.
• Served as Facilitator for CSI series- Communicating Math Reasoning through Journaling.
• Served on several committees to enhance operations. (Tech committee, District Tech Team, Superintendent's Advisory Committee, and School Climate Committee).
• Responsible for iPad cart distribution, scheduling, reporting issues, and introducing new applications to colleagues for grades K and 1.
Assistant Varsity Girls’ Soccer Coach; Conard High School, 4 years
Volunteer, West Hartford Mayor's Ball Design Committee
Master's Degree~ Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Bachelor of Arts Degree~ American Studies, Elementary Education Certification
Google Level 1, 2, and Trainer Certifications
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE ) - 3 yrs
Presented with a team of four teachers on how we collaborated to integrate Educational Technology applications into Kindergarten classrooms.
Attended to connect with thousands of educators and companies and extended knowledge of EdTech tools. Participated in a Makerspace challenge to develop a new safety tool for students.
Three day educator professional development event with 16,288 attendees from 67 nations. Connected with other educators, learned new and innovative technology uses.
UCONN iPad Conference
Planned and taught a session on an educational technology tool called Seesaw. I showed teachers how to use the platform as well as examples of the tool used in a classroom just like theirs.
Digital Citizenship Summit - First Annual, University of Saint Joseph’s
Presented a poster session about the use of the Seesaw application in my first grade classroom and its connection to digital citizenship.