Laboratory Sciences/Biotech Professional
Versatile science professional with a diverse background and outstanding interpersonal skills, experienced in both non-clinical and clinical laboratory settings. Expertise in quality control and quality assurance.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Laboratory experience (9 years)
• Proficient in Word, Excel
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to work well with a diverse population
• Great team player as well as independent worker
• Conversational Spanish
Saputo Dairy USA (formerly Kohler), Newington, CT | 2 years
Performed mass quality assurance for raw, in-process, and finished dairy production to determine specifications, such as shelf life.
• Administered precise computerized documentation and record keeping.
• Participated in annual state certification and audits ensuring compliance.
• Opened and closed laboratory premises.
• As primary client-facing liaison at intake, prepared and managed documentation for raw product samples.
• Qualified raw products for acceptance for full analysis after preliminary rapid testing and delivered results to customers, as well as fielded phone inquiries.
• Received and released finished products to restaurants, grocery stores and local schools.
Laboratory Trainee/Laboratory Technician
Northeast Laboratories, Berlin, CT | 6 years
Environmental testing laboratory specializing in microbiology, pharmaceutical, water and nutritional analysis. Performed analytical chemistry on municipal, industrial, potable, hotel and sewage plant waste water. Examined for calcium, sodium, PH, iron, heavy metals, Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Oil and grease, phosphorous, chlorides, ammonia, and seasonal beach bacteria levels.
• Maintained the overall laboratory functions: e.g. media preparation, calibrations, records and inventory
• Assisted with the microbiology and pharmaceutical departments.
• Recognized for a great work ethic. Initial performance evaluation turned a summer position into a permanent one.
Various Locations for a Temporary Agency, Cheshire, CT | 3 years
• Provided pre-trial clinical laboratory assistance and rodent care.
• Maintained sterile condition of a bio-pharmaceutical protein laboratory.
• Beverage laboratory duties: Quality control, documentation, and maintenance.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Substitute Teacher, New Britain, CT (elementary and middle schools) | 1 year
PTO Member, Parent Senate Member & Chair, Volunteer, CREC Magnet Schools | 7 years
Parent Senate Member
• Assisted in the search and appointment of the assistant principal
• Support and Advocate for the CREC school community
Parent Senate Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Subcommittee Chair
• Meet with the Curriculum Review Board for approval of teacher proposals
• Disseminate information to parents and students
Parent Senate Liaison to the CREC Council
• Participated in monthly meetings with council members to discuss issues pertinent to CREC schools
• Received updates from State Legislature on statewide educational policies, changes and proposals
PTO Member, Book Fair Fundraising Chair, Reading Assisting Classroom Parent
B.S. Biology, Concentration: Sciences, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT