Research / Data Analysis
Research, programming, scientific writing and data science specialist with a degree in physics and professional experience in neuroscience and astrophysics. Ready to apply analytical math/science/programming skills to current business challenges.
Key Skills & Competencies
Research and statistical analysis
Calm under pressure, independent learner
Research Assistant II, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD (6 years)
Investigated the neuroscience of developmental disorders in the Center for Neurocognitive and Imaging Research. Produced, analyzed and published results of studies involving anatomical brain MRI and psycho-motor functioning in children.
• Led project on measurement of frontal lobe regions, implementing manual and automated delineation protocols for 100+ subjects, analyzing and publishing results in the journals Psychiatry Research and Human Brain Mapping
• Implemented the laboratory’s use of FreeSurfer and designed a pipeline for running data
• Organized and maintained database of study participants spanning 10+ years
• Programmed digital tablet interface and analysis program in Matlab
• Presented results at international conferences, authored two research articles, co-authored and edited additional publications, contributed to grant reports
• Trained and supervised co-workers and college interns
Data Analyst, Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, MD (4 years)
Performed scientific analysis of data from the Hubble Space Telescope and supported calibration of Hubble instruments for public use.
• Wrote custom programs to achieve calibration, measurement and visualization goals
• Developed and managed masking techniques for a large Hubble project
• Initiated and wrote technical reports documenting essential calibration procedures
• Developed public websites
Research and Teaching Assistant, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (2 years)
• Completed image processing and analysis of galaxies
• Taught college level physics laboratory and conference sections, including lectures, grading and laboratory experiments
Treasurer, Marlborough Elementary School PTO (3 years)
Managed the PTO budget, including financial oversight, disbursement of funds and accounting.
Vice President, MOMS Club of Marlborough (5 years)
Served on the MOMS Club board and managed club membership, including recruitment, publicity and event planning. Oversaw large increase in membership numbers.
Girl Scout Leader, GSofCT Marlborough CT (1 year)
B.S. Physics and French, English minor – Union College
Completed one year in the Physics PhD program – Johns Hopkins University