Team Leadership/ Testing/ Manufacturing
A changemaker with a keen eye towards precision, standards and excellence. From bringing new teams together to pushing continual improvement, my people-centered approach builds value by ensuring products exceed efficiency goals and customer expectations. I am excited to apply my curiosity as well as my broad knowledge set in an operational role.
Key Skills & Competencies
Testing | Training | Hiring | Scheduling | Team Leadership | Customer Service | Regulatory Compliance | Quality Assurance | Documentation
Tech skills - In-office/remote work solutions: Microsoft 365, Google Drive, Zoom, SLACK
Technical writing and reporting: databases, Excel tables
HRMS: Oracle, Kronos
Inventory systems: Hart
Test Technician II , Orafol Americas Inc | Avon, CT | 4+ years
● Tested manufactured products using specialized photometric equipment to assess compliance with several internal, domestic, and international specifications and certifications, adding efficiency to the quality control process using ISO 9001 QMS systems.
● Composed resulting data into concise reporting through collaboration across teams, ensuring that Research and Development, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance departments had access to precise information on demand.
Cheese Making Intern, Cato Corner Farm | Colchester, CT | 6 months
● Implemented strategies for food safety plan from testing fluid milk to properly cleaning and sanitizing milk vats and make rooms, ensuring safety for all stakeholders
● Boosted sales at farm stand and farmers markets utilizing deep knowledge and hand sell
techniques. Minimized shrink by sharing effective best practices with the team.
● Learned the art and science of cheesemaking from some of America’s most lauded artisan cheesemakers, from converting hundreds of pounds of fluid milk to cheese each day to affinage in a cave.
Specialty Team Leader, Whole Foods Market | Cambridge, MA & West Hartford, CT | 2 years
● Built the inaugural specialty team for a new Whole Foods location from scratch, including hiring, training and scheduling a fledgling team; creating purchasing and marketing strategies across three sub departments; and creating effective budgets, ensuring profitability in first quarter and long-term financial success
● Refined global and regional guidance to create a more effective sales plan for this location by selecting a highly specific product mix and rigorously training team members, driving sales and consistently beating regional sales forecasts.
Associate Team Leader, Buyer, Team Member Whole Foods Market | Cambridge, MA & West Hartford, CT | 4 years
● Progressively promoted to strengthen leadership capacity by taking on responsibilities and projects that drove sales
● Took ownership for safety compliance and Good Organics audits
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
● SkillUP CT Certification Course: Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence - in progress
● Periodic trainings with cheese makers and coffee roasters via Whole Foods Market
● American Cheese Society Conference Attendee 2014 Sacramento, Volunteer 2015 Providence
● Taught classes with emphasis on cheese pairings and entertaining
● Volunteer cook for Community Cooks, a nonprofit providing home cooked meals to human services providers in Greater Boston
● Volunteer Line Cook at Hands on Hartford 2 years
● Volunteer at Greater Hartford Harm Reduction Coalition, data entry, general administration, 2 years
BA, English; Film Minor | University of Rhode Island
● ServSafe Certification
● American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional