Marketing Content Writer/Managing Editor
Marketing professional with experience in content development and management, with strong writing and editorial skills curated from working with educators, publishers, and corporations in web content development, book and magazine publishing, and training materials development capacities.
Key Skills & Competencies
● Experienced leader and proactive member of interdepartmental teams.
● Event, organization, and project management; including execution and budget delivery.
● Expert at translating research and “big ideas” into practices and content.
● Effective management of marketing and customer service staff, freelancers, and interns.
● Versatile writer: content writing, copywriting, and editing (copy, substantive, and developmental) in varied educational, publishing, editorial, and marketing contexts.
● Top-notch substantive interviewing, researching, and fact-checking skills.
● Conversant with delivering to style guide specs—AP, APA, CSE, Chicago, and more.
● Meticulous attention to detail—often the “last set of eyes” before publication.
● Digital skills include HTML and CSS, VS Code, WordPress, Yoast, Slack, Acrobat Pro, and MS Office.
● Equipped to step up as needed and eager to keep learning how to best be of service.
Content Developer–Marketing and Trainings, AntiGravity Fitness (primary client), New York, NY 5 years
Global Aerial-Fitness Company
Collaboration with founder, CEO, Director of Training, and web-design team to develop web, marketing, and training content.
● Marketing consultation and marketing brandscript development.
● Re-envisioning website to meet new company goals.
● Writing and editing ground-up website (currently in beta test), leveraging WordPress platform with custom features.
● Developing training content for in-person and online delivery.
Director of Editorial Services, Education Editor, LLC, Manchester, CT 10+ years, concurrent
Educational Content-Development Company
Management of an editorial and marketing services business that serves publishers, educators, and companies. Services include consultation, content planning and delivery, SEO, and Tone of Voice.
● Turnkey administration of projects, producing deliverables by deadlines within budgets.
● Proactive collaboration with authors, experts, and design/production teams–from concept through publication.
● Skillful development of content for websites, trainings, books, and other publications.
● Expert writing and ghostwriting, and all levels of editing (copy, substantive, and developmental).
● Careful research, interviewing, and fact-checking.
Marketing Director, Sopris West Educational Services, Longmont, CO 2 years
Educational Publishing/Professional Development Company
Development of marketing strategies, plans, and budgets to meet company goals.
● Supervised marketing and customer service staff and freelancers.
● Managed marketing projects from concept to delivery.
● Wrote and edited marketing content.
● Collaborated with authors and designers.
● Proactive member of interdepartmental manuscript review team.
● Represented the company at educational conferences and trade shows.
Editor, Sopris West Educational Services, Longmont, CO ~2 years
Management of editorial projects, working closely with authors and experts from acquisition through development and publication. Projects included books, instructional and training materials, journal articles, curricula, and website and software content.
● All levels of editing (copy, substantive, and developmental) and proofreading.
● Collaboration with authors, designers, and illustrators.
● Contracted with freelance illustrators and printers, did press checks.
Writer/Editor, SCHOLASTIC, INC., New York, NY 4.5 years
Largest children’s publisher in the world, with more than 100 years of service.
Wrote and edited articles for Scholastic’s classroom magazines.
● Editor of “Currents,” (cultural back page in all classroom magazines).
● Researched topics and trends, developed ideas, wrote and edited articles.
● Interviewed celebrities for Q&A features.
● Collaborated with design/production team.
● Supervised freelancers and interns.
● Managed budget.
Boulder County Safehouse, Boulder, CO - Community Outreach Center. Public-facing, paid role.
Literacy Volunteers of America, Charlottesville, VA - Administration. Publicity, grant writing, volunteer training.
Community Events Organizer, Manchester, CT - Booked talent, managed venue logistics, publicity, finance.
Teacher, Manchester, CT - Small-group instruction (K-5). Used themed storytelling and crafts for instruction.
Board Member, Crestone, CO - Fundraising Committee Chair, oversaw all aspects of a nonprofit music festival.
Community Bookstore Events Organizer, CO - Booked authors, managed logistics, ran publicity and newsletter.
Georgetown University, Center for Continuing & Professional Education, Washington, DC.
Professional Certificate in Social Media Management
Hunter College, City University of New York; New York, NY.
BA. Double Major: Communications/Media and Women Studies. Minor: Psychology.
Our Second Innings, Avon, CT. Data Analytics Course, Current.
Manchester Community College, Manchester, CT. Professional Certificate in Web Design.