Data Analytics | Business Analytics | Property Portfolio Management | Project Management | Collaborative Leadership
Data Analytics Professional who identifies insights from data to improve business performance. Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills from civil engineering background in Oil and Gas Industry. Pivoted toward data analytics when successfully directing a $130M portion of the Shell Pension Fund, reducing operating costs (-10%) and improving processing time (2 mos.) and customer satisfaction (+12%).
As a data analyst with a Masters in Business Analytics (2020), delivers a holistic data mining process from data capture to model building. Known for an ability to communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences. Customer-focused and skilled at presenting to all-level stakeholders from staff to the C-suite.
Key Skills & Competencies
Data Acquisition | Data Cleaning & Transformation | Data Visualizations & Reporting | Financial Auditing & Reconciliation | Project Management
Tech Skills: MS Office Suite - Excel Power User, Python, R Statistical Software, SQL, Tableau
Mercer University, Atlanta, GA
Teaching Assistant for Data Mining in R Course | 3 mos.
Assisted postgraduate students in data mining exercises and term projects. Helped formulate business problem statements, conducted exploratory and statistical analysis, built, evaluated and deployed data models. Built databases to analyze data for 25 group projects.
Data Analyst (Volunteer), Stetson-Hatcher School of Business | 5 mos.
Collected business data from various sources to analyze market position and to compile statistical information on graduate success in the workforce.
• Developed School of Business alumni surveys in Qualtrics for use as data capturing tool
• Carried out data mining activities like data acquisition & integration, cleaning, and data modeling
• Extracted hidden trends and insights through exploratory data analysis and deep-dive
• Created data visualizations and summary reports to aid in decision-making process
Research Assistant (Volunteer) | 3 mos.
• Carried out database maintenance, data cleaning, normalization, and dimension reduction
• Provided analytical support through statistical analysis of financial data
• Developed and maintained tools including databases and dashboards for financial inclusion data
• Wrote reports and presented recommendations.
DATA ANALYTICS MASTERS Projects
Capstone Project: Categorization of Applications Based on Characteristics of Workforce Usage Data – A Workforce Intelligence Study (Client: PegaSystems)
• Built multinomial regression, pruned decision trees and random forest models. Compared accuracies in the classification of applications based on user behavior
• Established new classifications using K-means clustering analysis
• Carried out data wrangling activities such as cleaning, dimension reduction, and normalization
• Conducted exploratory analysis and interpreted trends in data
Financial analysis and predictive modeling of Royal Dutch Shell RDS.A shares
Researched energy industry data, data extraction, and data aggregation from online sources. Conducted sensitivity analysis & share price prediction using Discounted Cash Flow, Relative Valuation, and Monte Carlo simulation.
Avocado Market Analysis (Client: GreenCados)
Determined factors affecting the price of avocados through multilinear regression. Predicted avocado prices using time series forecasting models. Developed marketing recommendations based on insights from the data. Aggregated data from various databases, carried out data cleaning, normalization, and dimension reduction. Performed data exploration and interpretation to gain insights.
Property Portfolio Management Lead, Shell (SNCPFA) 6 yrs
Led the management of $130M worth of properties ensuring value was delivered to both SNCPFA and corporate clients within the properties.
• Identified causes of pain points by extracting strategic insights during exploratory analysis of financial data
• Achieved 10% reduction in operating cost by implementing cost-saving initiatives based on insights from data
• Improved operational efficiency by achieving 2-month reduction in process time for service charge reconciliation
• Improved customer satisfaction by 15% through effective feedback, coaching of integrated facility management (IFM) partners, re-skilling of frontline workers, and adherence to SLAs
• Created visualizations and reports that aided in decision-making process
• Acted as liaison between leadership and stakeholders through effective communication and regular engagement
• Developed CAPEX & OPEX budgets ($2 - $3million) for property portfolio and provided oversight
• Set yearly goals, supervised activities, contributed to appraisals, and provided mentoring to team members
• Ensured compliance of partners to local/state standards through effective management, implementation of business strategy and policies.
• Developed and reviewed various business control and process documents
• Led the team of asset managers, project engineers, and QA/QC inspectors in maintaining built standards and asset integrity within the real estate asset portfolio through effective management and supervision of external asset managers and internal contractors.
• Cultivated and managed relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Led contracting processes for all real estate asset management activities
Senior Civil Structural / Design Engineer (SPDC - A Royal Dutch Shell Company) | 2 yrs 10 mos
• Coordinated structural integrity assessment of existing facilities through internal multi-team engagement and collaboration.
• Maintained design quality assurance (QA) through the application of approved standards and methodologies during the supervision of detailed design of various facilities within Bonny Oil & Gas Terminal.
• Ensured designs addressed operational requirements by engaging with stakeholders within Operations team.
• Championed the dissemination of HSE practices during monthly stakeholder meetings
Civil Project Engineer | 7yrs
• Managed teams of contractors to ensure quality and timely delivery of various capital projects
• Contract holder for various construction contracts and responsible for cost management during project life cycle
Mentor, OVL Foundation, (1 yr, 5 mos)
Assistant Director of Children's Directorate, Victoria Fellowship Church (2 yrs)
Fundraising Manager, Rehoboth Integrated Network, (5 yrs)
MS, Business Analytics, Mercer University, 3.95 2020
BS, Civil Engineering, University of Lagos
Shell Special Recognition Award for successful completion of project for the replacement of 4 nos passenger lifts in Shell 2 Estate, Ikoyi; a live facility with children, ensuring zero Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) incidents, 10% below budget, one month ahead of schedule
Shell Special Recognition Award for successful completion of project for the Design and Installation of a Sewage Treatment Plant in Shell 3 Estate at 4% below budget and right on schedule.