Business Analytics Professional with insurance experience in large, corporate and broker settings. Currently working as a Market Analyst converting client data to a new model to produce enhanced marketing materials. In community work, leverages prior managerial experience, excellent communication skills, and strong emotional intelligence to facilitate peer supervision groups and special project funding presentations.
Key Skills & Competencies
● Leadership, Management, Communication
● Proficient in Actuarial Value Software (AkunaWare) and Office Tools (MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, PPT)
● Training, Team Building, Facilitation Skills, Customer Service
OneDigital Health and Benefits | Farmington, CT
Market Analyst, Current Flexreturn™
● Convert client Plan, Claim, Census, and Enrollment data to a new model.
● Analyze client data to deliver visually enhanced marketing materials.
● Troubleshooting data system to ensure usability and accuracy.
● Collaborate with other client service team members on the renewal process.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. | Hartford, CT 11 years
Sr. Consultant, Managed Care and Employee Benefits Operations - Actuarial and Financial Division 1 year
● Updated dental pricing to reflect new relative frequencies, and Preferred D pricing components. Identified the book of business to use in various studies, and coordinated with Information Management for claim data results. Developed a comparison of billed charges of network vs. non-network dentists covering a variety of geographic areas, as well as studied utilization patterns for network dentists for Preferred D v. other patients .
● Coordinated with Claim and Product Development areas the implementation of system enhancements to the edit rules used in determining dental R&C guidelines, as well as incorporated changes due to new zip code, updated valid procedure codes, and the inclusion of 80th percentile for R&C screening.
Manager, Managed Care and Employee Benefits Operations - Actuarial and Financial Division 3 years
● Managed the Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Unit which consisted of a team of 5. Developed objectives, completed regular performance appraisals, and provided training to staff.
● Oversaw the production of 650-900 Dental Statistical Reports quarterly to meet customer needs.
● Performed dental manual rate filing with state insurance departments.
● Supported the Dental product line through research and development to update pricing for new and existing
plans, and enhancements to Dental Statistical System due to changes in product offerings.
● Supported Prescription Drug product line. Revised pricing assumptions to incorporate regional cost and
utilization patterns consistent with health pricing, family deductibles, and CY maximums.
Assistant Manager; Analyst; Actuarial Analyst; Asst. Actuarial Analyst 7 years
Consistently progressed through levels of responsibilities in various roles providing Supplemental Life Quotes, pricing Group Conversion products, producing Pension Valuations and Schedule B’s, and supervising summer
Stephen Minister, Facilitator, Chairperson of Supervision, St. Mary’s Parish | Simsbury, CT
Provided confidential care to individuals undergoing challenges in their lives.
● Led small group peer supervision 2x month as a Facilitator.
● Trained Facilitators, and assigned supervision groups.
Handicap Chairperson, Simsbury Farms Women’s Golf League | Simsbury, CT
● Tracked weekly golf scores of the 75 member Woman’s 9-hole golf league.
● Communicated scoring corrections and updates to league members and the golf pro.
Chairperson for Special Projects Funding | Simsbury High School PTO, Simsbury, CT
● Facilitated communication between staff at Simsbury High School and the Parent Teacher Organization for special project funding requests.
● Presented funding requests at monthly SPTC meetings or arranged for applicant to present.
● Initiated the reconciliation of approved vs. used funds.
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Mathematics, Mount Holyoke College | South Hadley, MA
PROFESSIONAL EXAMS - Society of Actuaries Course I, Society of Actuaries Course II, and VEE Applied Statistics