Media Operations Leader
A Media Operations Leader who supports stakeholders by improving the efficiency of their value chain. Asserts exceptional independence and focus to the intelligent management of operations processes. Enhances business processes and executes projects that motivate team members to achieve an optimal outcome. Adept at strong communication and collaboration.
Key Skills & Competencies
OPERATIONS OPTIMIZATION: Strategy & Vision |Policies & Procedures | Technical Broadcast Operations | Process Management | Resource Management | Workflows | Employee Development | Change Management | Negotiation | Problem-Solving | Technical Support | Scheduling| Recruitment & Hiring
Payroll & Budgets | Forecasting
PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Project Goals | Project Scope | Scheduling | Documentation & Reporting Organization & Planning | Decision-Making | Strategy Development | Technical Competence | Business Acumen | Critical Thinking | Project Execution | Leadership
COMMUNICATION APTITUDE: Relationship Management |Employee Relations | Diversity Media Consultant | Active Listening | Conflict Resolution | Collaboration & Partnerships | Team Leadership
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES: Microsoft Office Suite | Microsoft Office 365 | Microsoft Teams | Zoom | Google Suite | SharePoint | Microsoft Project | Media Pulse Scheduling | Visio| Slack | Adobe Creative Suite | Workforce
Operations & Project Consultant | Cherwill Designs & Events, Norwalk, CT - 1 yr, current
• Plan and manage virtual events, serve as both a technical consultant and lead to implement interactive
features through live streaming to audiences.
• Led team, produced, directed, and planned a virtual event for a client with over 100 attendees that fundraised over $5K profit.
• Negotiate contracts with clients to oversee, manage, plan, and offer technical services to implement events.
• Achieved high client customer satisfaction as a result of event outcomes and goals were met successfully.
Director of Production, CBS News | CBS, Inc., New York, NY - 3 yrs
• Managed over 200 employees in the studio technical operations department and facilitated change
management routinely to promote operations flow.
• Identified training needs and implemented ongoing vendor training and cross-training for staff members on resource management, needs assessment, scheduling, and equipment to increase employee skill level for different broadcasts.
• Managed production operations processes including scheduling of resources and facilities and overseeing teams of employees.
• Collaborated with leaders and producers to pinpoint issues, brainstorm recommendations, and implement solutions.
• Led the operation of 10 broadcast shows weekly including the CBS Evening News, CBS This Morning, and 60 Minutes.
• Directed the modification of studio operations facilities from New York to Washington D.C. through project planning, process and resource input, staff training, and workflow changes.
• Monitored and investigated operations issues and problems, recommended and followed-up on solutions.
• Created a shared trouble reporting application for staff to report and track technical issues and to share status updates on resolution of problems.
• Reorganized the structure of the graphics department to facilitate resource sharing to eliminate waste, for ease of branding, and to allow more time for creating high quality and unique graphics.
• Achieved staffing objectives through strategy and vision by cross-training and transferring staff members into appropriate roles despite over 11 key team member simultaneous retirements, without affecting production.
• Contributed to a project that established broadcasting of CBSN streaming content onto the CBS Television Network air for special reports and election coverage during time periods when the CBS News network facilities were unmanned or in use for other CBS News productions.
Associate Director, Operations (Studios) | CBS News, New York, NY - 10 yrs
• Managed technical crews of up to 15 people per broadcast for 60 Minutes and 48 Hours.
• Determined needs and arranged training for staff on new technology and workflows involved with nonlinear editing and file transfer to increase confidence, productivity, and employee retention.
• Governed capital improvement projects for competitive advantage and operations improvements.
• Managed special projects, helped with department resource management and administration.
• Designed and implemented electronic tools to facilitate sharing of information and resources between various departments to solve problems and increase partnerships.
Associate Director, Operations (Hard News Center) | CBS News, New York, NY
• Managed $19 million project to update editing & tape playback facilities to digital server-based system.
• Coordinated transition of tape-based workflow to digital editing and servers.
• Managed staffing and administration of over 200 editors and video playback operators for broadcasts.
• Managed day-to-day operations, Maintenance Shop, Avid System Administrators & Media Managers.
Executive In Charge, Studio Technical Operations | CBS, Inc., New York, NY
• Developed and managed operating budgets over $30 million and capital plan for studios and control rooms.
• Evaluated and implemented technical requirements for production facilities.
• Supervised operations managers, scheduling and studio personnel, maximizing resource utilization.
• Evaluated production needs for employee hiring, promotion and training.
• Technical Manager for CBS productions and outside clients.
Associate Director, Studio Technical Systems | CBS, Inc., New York, NY
• Developed and managed operating budget over $3.5 million.
• Managed union maintenance technicians, focusing on utilization, cross-training and reducing costs.
• Developed and implemented Broadcast Center maintenance procedures and schedules.
• Coordinated and led cross-departmental building-wide AC technical power shutdowns.
• Coordinated and produced the first Broadcast Center Disaster Recovery Plan incorporating all functional
• Responsible for system design of Broadcast Center technical facilities.
• Project management included capital project budgeting and managing resources from construction through implementation.
• Designed audio & communications systems in mobile unit used for Olympics.
Vice-President of the Board; Board Member | Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County
Vice-President of the Board | Fairfield County Chapter of the Girl Friends, Inc.
Master of Business Administration Degree (M.B.A.), Finance, New York University | New York, NY
Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.), Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology | Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.), Mathematics | Spelman College | Atlanta, GA
Agile Foundations Certification | LinkedIn | September, 2020
Marketing Tools: Digital Marketing Certification | LinkedIn | September, 2020