Fundraising & Development/Nonprofit Management
Nonprofit development executive with fundraising, executive, and financial management experience for diverse nonprofit organizations. Strong financial acumen ensures successful strategic planning grounded in desired program outcomes and tight alignment with funding capacities.
A natural fundraiser who cultivates relationships across private and public sectors for maximum impact on common causes.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Development & Fundraising • Development Plan Management • Executive Leadership
• Donor Pipeline Strategies • Board Relations • Relationship-building
• Fiscal Management • Major Donor Fundraising • Strategic Planning
FARMINGTON COMMUNITY & RECREATIONAL SERVICES | Farmington, CT 2 yrs
Community Resource Specialist (part-time)
Hired to develop outside financial resources and uncover new funding sources for department initiatives. Served the grant-writing and external communication needs of 3 departments: youth services, recreation & social services.
• Planned and executed strategic initiatives around health and financial literacy, online information hubs, and addiction prevention topics emerging for area youth.
• Raised ~$15k to underwrite the 9-week Summer Concert Series with private & corporate donations for the first time. Coordinated and orchestrated the musicians, vendors, and facilities logistics.
• Wrote and secured a $10k seed grant to develop an online information portal for senior services, social services, and special topics like vaping prevention.
BODY WORKS WELLNESS, LLC | Unionville, CT & Roswell, GA 12yrs, current
Founded and operate all aspects of a health & wellness consultative practice providing services in personal training, massage therapy, diet auditing, nutritional advice, and reiki. Using relationship-building skills from development work, built business successfully through two out-of-state moves, reaching 25 clients/week with a strong referral base.
HOSPITAL OF CENTRAL CONNECTICUT | New Britain, CT 2 yrs
Fundraising Consultant – 18th & 19th Annual Bradley Memorial Campus Golf Tournaments
Hired to plan and execute the primary Bradley campus fundraiser for overall hospital operations.
• Raised $70-80k each year. Sourced donors, participant golfers, and recruited sponsorships through Raiser’s Edge database. Networked and grew relationships with local-area businesses tied to the hospital.
• Created solicitations and developed marketing communications, event collateral, and sponsorship ad placements.
• Planned and directed event budget. Managed revenue and expense tracking and reporting.
• Managed relationship with golf course and banquet facilities and seamless integration of event volunteers.
YWCA OF NEW BRITAIN | New Britain, CT 3yrs
Oversaw and managed financial operations, grants management, general accounting, human resources, and special projects for this $3M nonprofit with over 90 employees at multiple locations.
• Organized and led development operation including major gifts, annual and planned giving, and special events.
• Supervised programs, building capacity and growth in childcare, serving over 300 kids/day. Direct success in helping families overcome poverty and improve economic mobility, reducing reliance on state social services needs.
• Expanded sexual assault crisis services, as the main resource covering New Britain, Bristol, Plymouth, and Hartford.
o Served as regional contact for sexual crisis groups and state meetings liaison.
o Opened and staffed first-ever sexual assault crisis unit in Hartford.
• Planned capital campaign from inception, for a whole building renovation to improve accessibility and programs capacity. Created strategic phased plan to meet variable fundraising outcomes.
o Developed and managed RFP for construction companies’ bids.
o Led feasibility study to determine fundraising goal viability, messaging, and to align support from community foundations, state funders, and individuals.
• Diversified funding sources, reviving major gifts and planned giving programs.
• Improved donor data accessibility and intelligence by migrating to online fundraising platform eTapestry.
FOUNDATION OF SPECIAL CARE (long-term rehab facility) | New Britain, CT 3 yrs
Foundation Manager / Major Gifts Officer
Managed hospital foundation, budget responsibility, and program development with a team of three direct reports.
• Developed progressive strategies and built relationships to secure major gifts from corporations, individuals, and private and public foundation grants raising over $900k.
• Wrote and secured NIH grant with research department collaborator.
Director of Finance and Development, American Red Cross, Middletown, CT
Executive Director, American Red Cross, New Britain, CT
BOARD WORK / GRANTMAKING
Board of Directors, Community Chest of New Britain and Berlin 2 yrs - current
• Review funding requests for grants. Align disbursement priorities of ~$200k to needs and biggest impact.
Vice President, Farmington Community Chest 3 yrs
• Wrote and awarded primary $100k grant 2 years in a row from Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
Board of Directors, New Britain High School Foundation (now Comm. Foundation of Greater New Britain) 7 yrs
• Fundraise and stewardship of ~$427k endowment that provides scholarships, tech upgrades and events.
• Grantsmanship Training Program®, The Grantsmanship Center
• ABCs of Planned Giving Program Certificate, Simone Joyaux‘s ABCs of Planned Giving Program
• Capital Campaign course, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
• Graduate, Leadership New Britain
B.S., Accounting | Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
Diploma Massage Therapy | Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy, Newington, CT
Certified Personal Trainer & Certified Health Coach | ACE Fitness
• Recipient of Women in Leadership Award; YWCA of New Britain
• National Disaster Responder in Public Relations, American Red Cross; Hurricane George in Puerto Rico
• Hurricane Watch Manager - Southern New England (CT, MA, RI), American National Red Cross
o Led disaster operation management that drove national headquarters’ response & resource allocation.
o Activated twice, managing damage assessments, and determining needs on ground. Supervised team of 20.
• National Disaster Instructor, American Red Cross. Trained staff and volunteers to prepare for disasters in the areas of Public Relations, Damage Assessment, Family Services, and Shelter Management.