Accounting and Finance professional with diverse industry-specific knowledge that cuts across many sectors: manufacturing, insurance, health, and non-profit. Expertise in Non-Profit Development and Management from extensive board work. Proven success using financial fluency and executive leadership to drive business excellence.
Key Skills & Competencies
Accounting • Finance • FP&A • Budgeting • Expense • Controllership • SEC • Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) • Tax • Business Analytics • Management • Leadership
Software: GP, Prophix, SQL Queries, Hyperion/HFM Financial and Planning, Essbase, SAP, COGNOS, Oracle, Microsoft 365, GSuite, QuickBooks Online, ZOOM, WEBEX
WEX Health - Consultant for Thomas Byrne & Associates, Farmington, CT 2 Contracts
SENIOR FP&A CONSULTANT
• Prepared monthly reports for key stakeholders, including monthly revenue flash, key management indicators, revenue by partner, and monthly business review presentations.
• Delivered accurate mid-month revenue and operating income forecasts highlighting risks and opportunities.
• Managed the monthly Capital Expenditure reporting and forecasting process.
MassMutual Financial Group, Enfield, CT 2 years
ACCOUNTING CONSULTANT, US Insurance Group
• Prepared financial and operational data for Rating Agencies and the Board of Directors.
DIRECTOR - EXPENSE REPORTING, Retirement Income
Managed three staff accountants. Led the Annual Expense Budget and monthly expense reporting and forecasting.
• Oversaw automation of the Expense Forecast cycle in SAP that resulted in precise internal labor calculations and a phasing of forecast spend.
• Led a Deferred Acquisition Cost Accounting survey for product type weighting of expenses.
• Analyzed and documented pricing/expense assumptions, conducted gap analysis, and created plans to improve net margins.
Nassau Re (formerly The Phoenix Companies), Hartford, CT 1 year
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, Accounting Policy Team
• Managed and delivered SEC Reporting, analysis of FAS, accounting on new products and Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
Honeywell International Inc., Morristown, NJ 6 years
Progressively rotated into financial roles within the Corporate Headquarters and varied Business Units.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, Corporate Controller’s Department
BUSINESS/FINANCIAL ANALYST, Specialty Materials Business
TAX ANALYST, Corporate Federal Tax Department
FINANCIAL ANALYST, Automation and Control Solutions Business; Phoenix, AZ
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – The Institute of Management Accountants, Hartford Chapter (1 year)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – Gifts of Love (5 years)
STEERING COMMITTEE - United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut (9 years)
FORMER BOARD OF DIRECTORS – TREASURER - Junior League of Hartford (7 years)
Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management (in progress)- University of Connecticut; Storrs, CT
Master of Science in Taxation – Seton Hall University; South Orange, NJ
Master of Science in Accounting – The University of Arizona; Tucson, AZ
Bachelor of Science in Finance – The University of Arizona; Tucson, AZ
The Institute of Management Accountants
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
CERTIFICATES & TRAININGS
Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - Business Analytics Certificate (2020)
Surgent: Excel for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate (2020)
Honeywell Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Not-for-Profit Certificate II (2020)